Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Today at church...

Today, Pastor Kris finished up the GUNSLINGER series. As he stated, this series was our church's mission statement of "Grace, Grow and Go" on steroids. I personally got A LOT from this series. Some nuggets gathered were, "It is better to lose your life than to waste it", Risk is right for Christians", "More guts for His glory", Love is not the absence of pain. It is the promise of pain", "The showdown is not against people rather Eph. 6:12" and our weapons in this showdown are "the gospel, prayer and self sacrificing service. The greatest cause in this life is to lead others to Christ".

Last week in growth group I learned that none of us are perfect and that it is a "daily dying to self" (or in my case, hourly or even minute by minute) dying to "the sins which so easily beset us" such as anger, wrath, pride, etc, etc, etc which we have to be mindful of.

Also, I was very glad that Pastor Pink put into words what I needed to hear about the election! Goes along with my life verse which is I Peter 5:7 "Casting ALL your care upon Him; for He careth for you." Even though I claim that as my life verse, I have to remind myself of it quite often. (More often than I should have to)

1 comment:

Mommy pfohl said...

Sue- great post! thanks for sharing your thoughts. It is a daily and even hour by hour to lay it all down! -mindy