Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sue and Jim's free day...AKA a "Fall Fling"







Well, it has been 2 weeks since I last blogged on here...Time sure flies, doesn't it?



Jim didn't have to work today and since this is supposed to be the best day this week, I took the day off too. We went for a jaunt...starting here: {you can double click on the pics for a better view...}





We both had this:

Uncle Herschel’s Favorite


Two Eggs cooked to order with Grits, Sawmill Gravy, Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits, real Butter and the best Preserves, Jam n’ Apple Butter (on request) we could find.
~plus~

Fried Apples (me) or Hashbrown Casserole (Jim)
~and~
(choice of one) Grilled Pork Chop;
Hickory Smoked Country Ham; Hamburger Steak (Jim)
Sugar Cured Ham (me); Fried Chicken Tenderloin


YUMMY!!!!!




After that, of course we visited Goodwill where we found some goodies, as usual. Here is the bummer...They gave me a Senior Citizens' discount and I didn't even have to ask for it!!!!! I was mortified... LOL... Not really.





I forgot...before we got to Richmond, Jim took me past the Sunshower Country Club Nudist Colony. Do you think I am kidding? I kid you not! Here is the link:

http://www.sunshower.com/tour2.htm

Jim said he had to put some mirrors in there when he was working for a glass company. This is all I saw of it (or of anything!) Jim says he didn't see anything either...





So then we went to Whitewater Memorial State Park...






It really was a pretty day. And much more enjoyable than spending 8 hours in a cubicle!









While Jim was doing some fishing, I stumbled upon a cute little critter...












The park is dedicated to WWII veterans...






After that, we headed to the Brookville Lake...the second biggest man made lake in Indiana. While Jim was fishing, I strolled around checking things out...



















All at once I hear, "Sue, come here!" Jim has hooked a BIG ONE!














It was a Walleye that Jim estimated weighed around 6 lbs. As usual, he threw it back in.

After the excitement, we had to hurry home...the "kids" (Audra, Darrell, Emily and Quinton) were coming over for supper. And guess what we had???? That's right. BREAKFAST!





All in all, a LOVELY DAY!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful day you two had! And great catch Jim! Good thing Sue brought her camera. ;D

Anonymous said...

Nice to visit with you and share in your beauty there in IN. My sister lives in Bloomington and has been telling me what gorgeous weather she's enjoying. That was the cutest little chipmunk you photographed. Congrats to Jim on the big catch too. And now, I am hungry for Cracker Barrel!

Sue said...

What a delightful day! I guess you will just have to save your visit to the Sunshine Country Club for a warmer day :)