
{Is it a coincidence that 2010 is the year of the TIGER in the Chinese culture? Or is this the year my Bengals do something great? Time will tell...}
I just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy New Year. Very optimistic about this year. Two weddings to get ready for!

Who knows what else this year holds in store for us all? Only God knows. But we need to meet this year as if we may also meet Him...My new year's resolution is to grow closer to my Savior and to live more fully for Him. I realize new year's resolutions have a way of getting shoved to the side and forgotten about. But for whatever reason...my age...signs of the times...great changes happening...I feel a real sense of urgency about this year. I hope you all do too.
As the world welcomed in 2010...

...it is my hope that we all welcome God into our everyday lives. Not just a celebration for a few days during the Christmas season, but EVERYDAY that we live. God is waiting on us to turn to Him. I pray 2010 becomes the year we get to know Him better and let His love consume us!
A friend from church gave me a book written by Frances J. Roberts entitled, "Come Away My Beloved". I absolutely love it! If you all will bear with me, I would like to share quite a lengthy excerpt from it:
RETURN UNTO ME...Romans 12:2
Return to Me; for I have sought after you, but you have continued on in pursuit of your own ways. I have called to you, but you have disregarded Me. I have placed obstacles in your path, hoping that you would stop and consider and ask of Me, but you have obstinately and determinedly forged on ahead.
Have you learned no wisdom? Have past lessons fled your mind? Are My dealings with you forgotten?
O stubborn and rebellious child, has My love no longer the power to melt your heart? Have My words that you once so treasured become of no value to you?
Put down your anxieties, and trust Me for everything. You need nothing but what I am fully able to supply, with no effort on your part. I do not ask all My children to live in so complete a degree of trust, but I require it of you, because you cannot please Me with anything less.
You are weary, and you should be strong. You are encumbered, and I would have you free. You are hindered by undue concerns, when you should be abounding in joy.
Come back into My perfect will, and finish the task I have assigned you. Anything else is sin. What is legitimate for another is not so for you.
Come close to Me, and I will minister to you and revive your spirit. So shall you go on, even though the climb is steeper than ever before.

5 comments:
Our New Years resolutions are similar, and so are our prayers. I want to know Him better. Amen!
I have claimed Eph. 4:29 as my New Years resolution. "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."
And I'm not just talking about my mouth, but about my attitude and actions as well.
Oops! I forgot to say Happy New Year!
Happy New Year Sue!
Those are great resolutions and, yes, I do have a sense of urgency about this year.
Two weddings?! How exciting for your family!
Happy New Year, Sue...
So right we certainly do not know what 2010 will hold for any of us. We can only trust and know that it is God's purpose for us.
Wishing you every blessing for this coming year.
Post a Comment