Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Wedding...







Well, the first wedding is officially over. (More on the next wedding later...) Last Saturday morning, my daughter became a Mrs. in a wonderfully touching and beautiful ceremony...at least that is what "they" tell me. She is my only child and I don't remember much about any of it...the ceremony, the reception or anything in between. I was pretty much overcome with emotion, although "they" tell me it didn't show.














How do you put into words the feeling a mother has when she sees her daughter take this step in her life? How do you express any of it? In our case, I am so pleased with her choice for a husband. God answered this mother's prayers! Mark is a fine young man who loves my daughter and I am sure he will become a wonderful, loving husband and father. Thank God for that! I cannot imagine "giving away" your daughter to someone who raises any kind of questions in a mother's mind about the future well being of her child. That must be very, very hard to do...I praise the Lord I didn't have to go through that!








It has been so long since I blogged, I have almost forgotten how. But here are some pictures I did want to share with my blogging friends.









The proud parents...



Finally, here is a link that will show some of the pictures from the photographer's site:

About the next wedding...my step daughter, Emily, will become a beautiful bride on 10-09-10! Another step daughter, Audra, will also become a beautiful bride on June 4, 2011! At these weddings, I will be able to just relax and enjoy! I am looking forward to them very much!

Emily and Quinton...



Audra and Daryl...




In closing, please enjoy this timeless song of love... {Please pause my playlist over on the right first.}

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for allowing me to share in your joy at the marriage of your lovely daughter. What a lovely wedding! Her groom is so tall! You & your husband look great. I look forward to these other marriages also. Good to hear from you.

Lynne said...

So lovely to hear from you Sue.
What a beautiful couple they make. Many good wishes for their future.

Sue said...

Thank you, ladies! It is exciting to be able to share my news with friends from all over the globe!

I found this article and thought I would share with anyone who may stumble across it and might need it. Wish I had seen it BEFORE the wedding!

http://www.imom.com/article/moms-of-twenties/relationships/child/growing-up-cutting-the-apron-strings

Sue said...

Also this...singing doesn't get any better than this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpzK-c9Jxeg

Right Truth said...

Oh my goodness, three weddings in a row. You will be pooped and broke, ha.

We have one daughter .... Already married and one grandson.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, thanks for the birthday wishes. I am in north Georgia but I will be posting some photos of our mountains in a few weeks when the leaves start getting colorful. Ginny lives in VA and her blog is great and has lots of pretty photos of her area. I gave her your question re the caverns.

Anonymous said...

me again....I just found an online store link to the orchard I visited today. There's one real nice photo of the n. GA mtns. on there.
http://www.randaorchards.com/shop/index.php

Anonymous said...

Ginny answered your question: Yes, Skyline Caverns is in Front Royal, Virginia. They have several different attractions, including a mirror maze, I believe

Barbara said...

Beautiful and described as only a Mother can.

Totally understand, having just one daughter it was the same for me. Hardly remember a thing from the day (11 years ago now) - did not even remember to drape her beautiful dress when the bridesmaids forgot.

Never felt so emotional.

Z said...

Sue, how beautiful! Your daughter looked gorgeous and her husband really does look like a fine young man! I loved seeing the pictures..thank you!

May God bless this wonderful union!..looks like He already has! :-) And good luck with the two future weddings, WOW!
I had two sisters get married within 3 months and that was a very busy time for Mom!
Enjoy the happiness!!

Christine said...

Sue, thanks for stopping by my blog. I tried to find an email for you but no luck. I downloaded Windows Live Writer onto my computer and do all my writing and photo editing there and it automatically publishes it to my blog page. In the editing part you can apply a watermark to your photos before you publish your blog. It's a really great program. My email is on my blog profile page.