Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Friday, October 10, 2008

Did anyone else receive any bad financial news this week?



I stopped looking...

Brings to mind this old REO Speedwagon song: (pause my playlist on the right first)

This storm, however, may take us on quite a different kind of ride...right into the arms of a socialistic government. Look around. It is happening all over the world as we speak. Governments basically taking control of worldwide banking systems. (Hmmm...can anyone say "Global Currency"?)

I believe Thomas Jefferson might have been on to something:

"I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale."
Thomas Jefferson



More later...

1 comment:

Pam @ Frippery said...

Sue, I totally agree. As a matter of fact I was thinking about the financial crisis as I wrote about things out of our control I just didn't think it fit with what I post about. My husband and I were talking last night about government controlling the banks. He was having a fit. We are definitely at the edge of a slippery slope and we are unable to do much about it. My husband and I believe that we need some sort of revolution to change our system of government from this idiotic two party system. We do not have a viable candidate on either side. My 20 year old son is Ron Paul all the way. Too bad most people will vote the party line from ignorance or habit. Oh well my rant is over. I feel better now. (as better as anyone can feel in this mess) Keep the faith, Pam