Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Political humor...AKA is anybody laughing?

As we enter into the home stretch of the presidental election, here are some political 'toons that MIGHT give us reason to grin. (Last night's final debate sure gave us cause to yawn...)



As you all know, I am voting (in protest of the failed "2 party system" in this country) for this man:



(Hey, if I didn't FIRMLY believe that God is in ultimate control of all the goings on down here, I wouldn't be "wasting" my one and only chance to vote AGAINST Obama. However, in this case, the lesser of 2 evils is still evil and so, I am doing my bit to try and change the "gubment"! It's a carry over from the seventies, what can I say?)


The following are political cartoons lampooning BOTH candidates, as I firmly believe there is really NO DIFFERENCE in them at all...They can SAY whatever they want...once they get to the White House, all bets are off!

First up, Barack H. Obama:



and:



Next up, Mr. John (Maverick) McCain:



and:



I really don't find the situation we as Americans find ourselves faced with this election humorous in any way, shape or form, but other than prayer, there is not a whole lot we can do about it at this point...

Have a GREAT day, ya'all!!!

2 comments:

smilnsigh said...

Hi Sue! Thank you for commenting in my blog!

You asked me to stop by your blog. {Unlike the other Sue, who commented when you did, but did not give a link to her blog!}

You said I am a Kindred Spirit. And that you too wonder how long our Freedom of Speech, will be ours.

But... You also say that you are voting for someone {I don't even know who he is}, to 'protest' the failed 2 party system. Don't you realize that your 'protest' vote, is simply throwing away your vote? What possible good can you see come, from a so-called 'Protest Vote"?

If you fear what the Liberal Democrats will do to our Beloved Country, why in the world do you throw your vote away? Why don't you vote for the non-Liberal Democrat, who has the only chance of winning?

Please... Please... Why? I ask this quietly and with true concern. Please... Why?

Miss Mari-Nanci
My not-warm-cozy blog

Sue said...

Miss Mari-Nanci,
THANK YOU for commenting on my blog! I also read your "debate" with "Sue-With-No-Blog". Apparently, she is just another one of Obama's sheeple...They truly think this man is going to be the savior of this country, to which I reply, "You got another thing coming!" Obama goes way beyond a "liberal Democrat". He is nothing more than a socialist, bordering on Communism. There, I finally said it!

Because some of the people who read my blog also go to my church, I have tried to keep my political posts pretty tame. I do believe, however, that fact is about to change in the coming days...

As far as your question to me regarding "wasting my vote", I refer back to my original post:

{Hey, if I didn't FIRMLY believe that God is in ultimate control of all the goings on down here, I wouldn't be "wasting" my one and only chance to vote AGAINST Obama. However, in this case, the lesser of 2 evils is still evil and so, I am doing my bit to try and change the "gubment"!}

Let me further clarify...I do believe that Obama will be the downfall of this country. Without a doubt. The only problem is, McCain as president would only delay the inevitable, IMHO. I truly believe that the only way out of this mess (the failed 2 party system) is to create a viable 3rd party. The only way to do that is the grassroots way, IF it is still possible at all, which I doubt. But I have to follow my gut instincts and give it the old "college try". It is my hope if enough people say, 'give me a THIRD choice', then maybe next election will see some REAL change...Not the crap Obama and McCain are both touting. That is the only way I can live with myself and my convictions.

I DO TOTALLY understand where you are coming from, but as I stated earlier, 'the lesser of 2 evils is still evil'.

I realize this will in no way change your mind, but I hope we can 'agree to disagree' on this matter. As I said earlier also, it is my FIRM conviction that almighty God is still in control of the mess we have made of this world and its corrupt leaders. Ultimately it is He who puts kings on thrones and casts them down. I believe my one puny vote should be cast according to my convictions, and that God will take care of all the rest of it.

Please feel free to respond anytime. Unlike "Sue-With-No-Blog", I do welcome your comments! LOL
God Bless!!!
-Sue