Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What a GREAT day for Connersville...AKA CARBON MOTORS CHOOSES US!!!!





Whew. We can all breathe a collective sigh of relief...almost.

There are a few more hurdles to be overcome, but what a day Connersville celebrated today! We were all pretty sure what the announcement was going to be, but until it was official, we were all holding our breath.

William Santana Li, Chairman and CEO, of Carbon Motors Corporation,




said he had 3 questions for the crowd at Visteon today and the answers were all "Indiana".

The last question was, "Which state is going to be the police car captial of the world?" At that, the crowd ERUPTED!!! Finally, we had our definitive answer. WOW!





The company had to select a site before they can apply for federal aid. OK, now that is done. There are some legalities concerning the sale and environmental cleanup of the old Visteon plant which is in bankruptcy litigation. Governor Mitch Daniels was the only state or federal elected official there and he seems really committed to helping Carbon Motors get established in southeastern Indiana. Other officials who sent video congratulations were Sen. Lugar, Sen. Bayh, Rep. Pence, and Rep. Dan Burton (he stated he wasn't our Representative, but he was so happy for us and asked Carbon Motor officials to remember his unemployed constituents in Hancock and Shelby Counties when they hired. LOL). All the politicans said all the right things. Today I looked beyond the politics and just enjoyed the day.


Thank you, Tracy Brannon, for these pics of the event:






Here are some news links: {PAUSE PLAYLIST ON RIGHT FIRST}

WTHR TV Be sure to click on the videos. I don't know how long they will be available...

WISH TV Be sure to watch BOTH videos to get a real feel of the excitement at the announcement today!

Channel 8 said 2,000 people were in attendance. Fox news said 10,000. I have no idea which is closer to the real number.

FOX 59'S coverage

 


Check this out...we are even mentioned on the "FORBES" website!


Unlike our first lady, Michelle Obama who said she hadn't really been proud of her country until her husband was elected president, I have always been proud of my town...but never more so than today and the previous months that led up to today. KUDOS to Mayor Leonard Urban,





Brian Coates, EDC director




et al. THANK YOU!!!!

Here is a GREAT link I just found with lots of pics from the Indy Star:






God has truly blessed us. This whole situation has been SATURATED with prayer for months. There was even a "prayer walk" from Roberts Park to the Visteon building this morning at 8:30. The rain didn't hamper this GREAT day at all.

So now, we can FINALLY say "Thank you, Jesus, for bringing us Carbon Motors!"

Thanks to all my blogging buddies who offered prayer for us, also!!!


13 comments:

Greg P. said...

So happy for all of you! I hope this means jobs for many many years to come. I've seen mock-ups of this police vehicle. It is very advanced and high tech. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Congratulations !!!

Sue said...

Yippee! So excited for you and your community!

Anonymous said...

Praise God for answered prayer.

Unknown said...

What an awesome blog! You captured the spirit of the day perfectly!

Ticker said...

I know that you all are happy to get jobs in your area. I noted in your previous blog some of the questions that people had about funding of the company through tax breaks and bonds. I also noted that they are taking over a plant that had environmental clean up problems. Lot's of area's have these and there is nothing wrong with getting them cleaned up especially if it means jobs in this day and time.

What concerned me, and it may have little or no bearing on why the company located to Connersville, but then again it raised a flag in my mind. It maybe should have done so in the minds of those in position of power as well.

I hate to throw cold water on a celebration but how many people were aware of this information on Mr.Delaney who just happens to be a Director of Carbon Motors.



Stephen W Delaney
Director

Prior to joining Celestica, Mr. Delaney was VP and General Manager of Visteon’s Interior and Exterior Plastics Division, and various other senior operating positions at Visteon Corporation...(Isn't that the company that went out of business and left the mess for others to clean up in your town?)

Question is , did he profit from this directly? Did anyone else in the political scheme of things? I think it needs or actually needed to be asked earlier.

Now, I hope that this company will do well and the people in your town will have jobs for a long time to come and that none of this other will come back and bite them in the butt.

Was this information ever discussed by the media in Connersville?

Emily said...

I was on Fox 59 news last night!!!! Well my left ear anyways...thank goodness my left ear is my good ear hehe :)

Kris Sorensen said...

Praising God with you!

Sue said...

Ticker,
Yes, I do believe I had read where at least one of their executives had worked for Visteon, but I honestly just let that fact go over my head, I guess.

We are so DESPARATE for jobs here, I doubt anybody would have said a word if one of them on their board had been Atilla the Hun. Sad but true....

Sue said...

Hi Sue,
Thanks for stopping by! My new grandson was born to my youngest son, he is Hannah's cousin. Her sister is due in a couple of weeks so I am in grandma overload and loving it! No one can explain to you just how wonderful it is to be a grandparent- truly amazing. We feel very blessed. (My son feels very tired- I keep biting my tongue and not saying "Told you so.")

Ticker said...

Sue , I certainly understand for I have lived in areas where the conditions are the same and have many friends living in NC where textile industries and others as well have bitten the dust. As you say, Attila could sit on the board but as long as it brought jobs they would not complain.
As I stated before I certainly hope that the company can do well and provide jobs for many years to come and that the Directors involvement with the other company will not come back and bite the company or the community in the butt.

Barbara said...

Obviously something going on that is important to you all.

The white horse is not 'made of anything' It is the land - the Downs are chalk hills so the grass turf iscut away to the ground underneath.
Did not go to Stonehenge as we went there years ago with our children when one could still walk around the stones and even touch them. Not now. They are easily seen from the road too and we have passed a number of times.

Sue this is the third time this week I have tried to get to y our blog. Everytime I go in to it it seazes up my computer. I think it must be all the videos you have on yours. Thought you would like to know this as it stops me reading your blog.

Heli gunner Tom said...

What a BEAUTIFUL Blog !!
Are you from Ohio? So is my wife, Sharon. I am a cheese head, from Wisconsin, a writer, blogger, serious Bible student, retired AMC/ Chrysler worker after 30.5 years in Kenosha, WI, and a Disabled Vietnam Veteran: 68-60, helicopter Door Gunner with the 240th AHC, at Camp BearCat, RVN.
I would like to email you and compare notes. My own blog: TOM'S JOURNAL.
Cordially,

Tom Schuckman
tschuckman@aol.com
Jesus is Lord.

Right Truth said...

I will post a link to this article on my January 6, 2012 post, thanks for sharing.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com