Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Home Bible Studies?...AKA...be ready for the knock at the door.





I was going to blog about this when I first heard about it last week from one of my news sources of choice, World Net Daily, (click here for article) but I thought, "No. Let's wait to make sure it is true." Fast forward to this morning. The pastor in question, his wife and their attorney were on Fox News (interviewed in part by the lovely Miss California, BTW) so I thought I would bring it to your attention, in case you hadn't heard about it...

From the article: {"Do you have a regular weekly meeting in your home? Do you sing? Do you say 'amen'?" the official reportedly asked. "Do you say, 'Praise the Lord'?"

The pastor's wife answered yes.

She says she was then told, however, that she must stop holding "religious assemblies" until she and her husband obtain a Major Use Permit from the county, a permit that often involves traffic and environmental studies, compliance with parking and sidewalk regulations and costs that top tens of thousands of dollars.
And if they fail to pay for the MUP, the county official reportedly warned, the couple will be charged escalating fines beginning at $100, then $200, $500, $1000 "and then it will get ugly."}


I know California is broke and needs to make some fast cash, but COME ON!!!

As California goes, so goes the nation???


Here is the video link. I couldn't get the video to embed.

Here are some random old pictures of our growth group. I sure hope this doesn't become illegal! (Not in Indiana, right? I bet that is what they said in Iowa just before they passed the Gay Marriage Rights Act there. Just saying...)























Just some food for thought...

6 comments:

Sue said...

I heard that story on FOX this AM and am appalled! Very scary times, aren't they. So glad to know the Lord is in control despite man's attempts to stop our worship of Him!

Unknown said...

Sue, Thanks for pointing this out. I will be praying for that San Diego pastor for sure. If you hear any more about this case please share it with us. I think we joked about this when we were meeting in A & L basement...you know....meeting underground...I can't believe it's already happening! What's next.....

Greg P. said...

Sue:

I saw that story on the "Jesus Is Lord" blog. I had a hard time believing it then and I still do. I even commented on the blog as to if it was really true.

Rick said...

Hey Sue,

I realize this isn't the right spot for this question but do you mind if I place a link for your blog on my blog?

Rick

Greg P. said...

Hi Sue:

I haven't heard from you in a long time. I realize I haven't posted anything in awhile, but, I just thought I would say hello. Hope all is well with you.

Barbara said...

So very sorry to read and listen to this and yet the time may come when it will apply to all of us. Much prayer needed.