
Jim and I were going to celebrate it today. Connersville usually has a prayer meeting at noon on the courthouse lawn. For some reason, the organizers decided not to hold it there this year. We found out (too late) that they held it this morning at 7:30 at Living Waters Worship Center here in town. We were really bummed! This year, especially, we DID NOT want to miss being able to corporately pray for our nation.
It seems President Obama decided to only sign a proclamation regarding the National Day of Prayer and not hold any formal gathering. Apparently, he wanted to get away from the way Bush had handled this in the past...
{PAUSE PLAYLIST OVER ON THE RIGHT BEFORE VIEWING VIDEO}
Seems we have come A LONG way from the days of Ronald Regan who prayed this prayer:
Ronald Reagan, February 6, 1986
To preserve our blessed land we must look to God. . . . It is time to realize that we need God more than He needs us. . . .
Let us, young and old, join together, as did the First Continental Congress, in the first step, in humble heartfelt prayer. Let us do so for the love of God and His great goodness, in search of His guidance and the grace of repentance, in seeking His blessings, His peace, and the resting of His kind and holy hands on ourselves, our nation, our friends in the defense of freedom, and all mankind, now and always.
The time has come to turn to God and reassert our trust in Him for the healing of America. . . . Our country is in need of and ready for a spiritual renewal. Today, we utter no prayer more fervently than the ancient prayer for peace on Earth.
“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. . . .” And God bless you all. link
Did any of you attend any public functions today? Regardless, our nation is in great need of prayer...any day, not just today. PLEASE pray for our leaders. It isn't too late. Is it? I have to keep reminding myself, "With God, ALL things are possible"...no matter how hopeless it looks. And from where I stand, it is looking pretty bad...

2 comments:
Sue,
Jack and I were there this morning. I'm sorry you two missed it. It was really nice. This is the first time we've attended one. I was really touched by the fervent prayer and moved to tears more than once. I'm glad we went.
I will admit that I did not attend any services or functions for the National Day of Prayer. I pray on my own a lot, but, I did not come together with my brothers and sisters in Christ. I did have to work, but, I wish I had been more diligent for my God.
Post a Comment