Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Please pray for the future of Connersville, Indiana...

Here is the sign in front of the Western Avenue Baptist Church in Connersville today:



This is what they are talking about:

{PAUSE PLAYLIST OVER ON THE RIGHT FIRST}




(sorry about the commericals in the next video...)





Fox 59's coverage:






THE PRODUCT:





THE PITCH:




Back in the 30's, Connersville was known as "Little Detroit" because of all the automobiles which were manufactured here. That could be another post someday...

Jim, Emily and I went up to the old Visteon plant after work. Luckily, the weather was perfect! Jim talked to one of the county commissioners and he estimated that there were around 5,000 people who attended the festivities. Apparently, Carbon Motors officials hadn't been told about any of this and the company president said, (as they unveiled the car) that they were truly overwhelmed. One of the elementary schools had the children write letters about why they should locate in Connersville, and the president was so impressed, he went to the school to speak to the kids. Tomorrow. the protype and the company officials head to Indy to meet with Mitch and others.

We won't know for awhile whether or not this godsend will actually be coming to give Connersville and the surrounding area a much needed ecomomic shot in the arm. In the meantime we are praying. Sure would appreciate any extra prayers from anyone who reads this. I will keep you posted.

5 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Praying.

Unknown said...

Yes, we are praying too! I'm glad you guys were able to go to the reception at Visteon today. Are you planning to go to the National Day of Prayer this thursday? Hopefully, we will get to that one.
It's awesome seeing our community turn to God during these difficult times. That's what it's gonna take, God's hand is on this I know. I missed the news tonight so I'm glad you posted these clips. Thanks!

Sue said...

Wow! I will be praying that your community gets the boost it needs. I would want to locate there if I had a business as the citizens look to be eager and in my estimation that would be an excellent workforce.

Greg P. said...

I'm pullin' for ya and I'm prayin' for ya! I've seen videos on that police car also. What a perfect design for a police cruiser!

Now, once you secure Carbon Motors, do you mind if we also send you the Cubs? Connersville needs a pro baseball team and the Cubs are almost a pro team!

Anonymous said...

I am praying also.