Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Asparagus, anyone?


While trying to figure out what to blog today...(you know this is harder than I thought. I have lots of things to say, but I'm not ready to go all "politically incorrect", yet.), I found a recipe site which reminded me I could share one of my favorite recipes, especially now that spring has sprung.
ASPARAGUS PIE

(not really a pie; more like a quiche)

1 bunch fresh asparagus (or 1 can asparagus spears)
2 eggs
1 Cup cottage cheese
1/4 Cup melted butter
1/4 Cup flour
1/2 Tsp. baking powder
1/4 Tsp. salt
1 Cup sour cream
1 tomato, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese

Steam fresh asparagus till tender and arrange in spoke design in bottom of well greased 9 inch pie pan. (Allow tips to extend up sides of pan.) Beat eggs till frothy in medium size bowl. Add cottage cheese and melted butter and beat till almost smooth. Mix in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in sour cream. Pour filling over asparagus spears. Arrange tomato slices on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


This is really good if you like asparagus and fresh tomatoes. And who doesn't???? Plus, it is really easy. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Mommy pfohl said...

Hmm... I have never been a fan of asparagus before, but this does sound like an interesting flavor! Maybe worth the try! :) Mindy