Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Saturday, August 30, 2008

How we spent our "Free Friday"...

Jim and I took yesterday off from work (Jim - Sue) in order to have a nice, long 4 day weekend. We voted to go to Cambridge City to do a little "antique"ing. The nice folks at "National Road Antique Mall" (thanks, Terri and Beth!) were kind enough to allow me to take some pictures of our adventure. Jim and I always go to this mall first and enjoy it the most of all the shops we have visited in CC. (I was going to get a picture of the outside of the building when we left, but my camera battery ran out!)

Disclaimer first: I apologize for any pictures which are blurry! I am investigating new cameras with "stabilization features" as I seem to be getting shakier in my old age. LOL

First up, an adorable little birdhouse, complete with tin roof:



Next, a basket arrangement I liked:


Baby bed and high chair:


Now we will witness a progression of washing machines. First of all, a very primitive wringer:

Wringer with wash tubs and scrubboard: (Makes me tired just thinking about it...)


A more "modern" washer:



Here is a close up of the wringer. I don't remember how old I was, but I remember my Mom getting her arm caught up to her elbow in a wringer that was more "automatic" somehow than this one. From what I was told, she was very lucky it didn't break something! (I took a picture of a machine like that in a restaurant in Gatlinburg, TN once. They kept their silverware already wrapped in napkins in the basin of it and just grabbed them as they seated us. I have no idea where that picture is right now though...)


Anybody learn how to type on something like this?


Anybody ever work with something like this? Enter the numbers across the board... (remember? $1.98 would be typed in 3 different columns)


and then pull this:


Anybody looking for some new shoes?


How about a new canister set?


I LOVED this one:


I also loved this bread box and cake carrier:


AND this pitcher and glass set:


Well, I hope you have enjoyed the first leg of the tour. I will post more "goodies" later. Night all! See all your FCCers at church tomorrow!

1 comment:

Mommy pfohl said...

Looks like a wonderful day! -Mindy