
Just finished watching my beloved Bengals WIN their first pre-season game. Bengals 20 - Green Bay 17 (BTW, could Espn POSSIBLY have mentioned Farve more than they did tonight???? I have NEVER heard such lousy broadcasting!!! I finally quit listening and turned to Brad and Lap on WLW for my play-by-play) Here is my favorite Brett Farve memory...(not really, but come on...save it for the Jets games from here on out for crying out loud!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOzJv8NlWOk&feature=related
This has been my wallpaper, both at home and at work for the past 2 years:

This has been a part of my screensaver since last year:

I was sure this prayer had been answered when Bengals owner, Mike Brown, fired the defensive coach, Chuck Bresnahan, earlier this year!

last year's coaching staff:

After tonight's game, I am not so sure. And to add insult to injury, we didn't get one first down in the whole first quarter!
BTW, For all you Colts fans out there, our first touchdown this year was scored by Ben Utecht (THANKS!!! He is gonna make a fantastic Bengal!)
Anyway, for the "Hope Springs Eternal" part. I had such HIGH HOPES for this season after the draft. We got some excellent players, IMHO. The only Bengal fan (that I am aware of) at FFC is Jeff Tharp. Spoke to him on Sunday and his hopes weren't so high. I think he said something to the effect of, "How many times can you have your heart ripped out?" Well, for me, it may be yet another heart - ripping year...or not...but I remain a Bengals fan...in SPITE of my "Bag Heads" desktop. (After 30 years of being a Bengals fan, I don't think I can be accused of being a Bandwagon fan, do you?)
One last thought. I love the Bengals, but Chad Johnson needs to SHUT UP AND PLAY BALL this year:

Oh, and Milah, don't forget to check the schedule this year. LOL!!!

WHO DEY???????????

6 comments:
This makes me happy. You know why? Because now I know I don't have to watch every single football game this season, but still remain informed and enthusiastic because I read your blog. Yes. This is good news. =]
i was so excited when i saw you had posted a new blog finally!
but then i opened it and saw it was all about that football team from OH...
football season should be a fun time in the blogging community
Give me a copy of their schedule and I'll hang it by my phone LOL
I'm kinda like you are with my quilting. I have no idea what your talking about! Someday you'll have to teach me about football.
go colts!
Bengals 1 - 0
Colts 0 - 1
WHO DEY???
Are you ready for some football? I know I am. I hate to break it to you with the Bengals 1-0 and Colts 0-1 or whatever but preseason games are worthless. Fun to watch for a quarter then its "who's that guy?" Enjoy your Bengals and I'm sure there will be some trash talking going on throughout the blog world. And yes I am soooooooo tired of hearing about Farve.
Post a Comment