Ok, so continuing with the tour... Here are a couple cute "baby flowers"...

...as well as a pretty lady figurine...I used to get this type of thing every year for Christmas from my Grandma Dietzel.

Next up is a BEAUTIFUL Hoosier cabinet. I have been coveting one of these for years, even though I have no place to put one. (The picture doesn't do it justice at all!) My friend Mona has a GREAT one which just fits in her kitchen perfectly!

Here is something you don't see everyday...well, I guess SOME of you might! We did have milk cows for awhile on the farm when I was growing up, so I am not completely ignorant of the useage of this item. (I never actually used one, though!)

I love old advertising tins such as this one...

What antique shop would be complete without a jewelry section? National Road Antique Mall had SEVERAL cabinets full of cool jewelry, but my camera wasn't co-operating very well...

Here are a couple of dresser sets that caught my eye...

This one came complete with a carrying case. I often wonder about the original owners of all these things...what kind of person were they and what kind of life did they lead?

Lots of goodies to look at here:

Something for summer:

And as Tammy mentioned in her blog today, since summer is, for all intents and purposes, pretty much over, here is something for fall...

Here is a display that really caught my attention. Are these lightning rods, do you think, or just "pretties" to dress up the yard?

Last, but by no means least, in finishing up the tour, I wanted to share a couple pictures. Old, vintage pictures are my passion, but, alas, I am running out of wall space...This first one is a pretty one of roses. I could almost smell them...

This last one is a close up of a much larger picture which was entitled, "What Happened To Your Hand?":

Well, that concludes the tour. Hope you all enjoyed it! If I find time later, I may post the 3 purchases I made on Friday...Also, I will be posting about visiting Lauren on Saturday in Bloomington... (As all you Moms can imagine, THAT made my weekend!)
Have a GREAT Labor Day!
ETA: After I finished posting this, I turned on the TV and was reminded about what is going on along the Gulf Coast. Does anybody have any news of where Charles and Judy Dillon are at right now? There website doesn't say...Prayers are needed...

2 comments:
I was wondering if you bought anything...now I'll have to wait to see what you bought.
Something for me??
I like the pics of Taylor, Chris, and Bo. Please don't turn into a groupie...hehehe!
Off the subject sue but your boy has officially flipped his lid!!!!!!! Copy this and put in in your web search box.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtLNXQJlQ.EoQNKYemlOxyD.uLYF?slug=ap-bengals-cjohnson&prov=ap&type=lgns
Post a Comment