Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Palin comes out throwing punches



Not decided yet...McCain/Palin (at this point, I would rather have Palin/McCain, frankly) or Ron Paul...but gotta love it. For a totally "unknown" entity, she nailed that speech, IMHO!

ETA: As stated in an earlier post, the only time I have voted Republician is when a former pastor told the congregation, "You had better vote your conscience and not your pocketbook." This time, I feel that is the correct thing to do as well. Obama's platform is way too liberal for me to embrace. Knowing that Supreme Court judges' appointments could be made by him and his party is a MAJOR concern. That is just one of the many reasons I am not hopping on the Obama bandwagon. Here is a cartoon I found over on Mike Messerli's blog which I really enjoyed: I think it pretty much sums up how the MSM (main stream media) views Obama and would hope we view him as well.




Believe me, this decision doesn't come easily...this is the calendar I used all last year at work:



and this is the one I am using this year



so for me to admit to possibly voting Republican again is not an easy statement for me to make! But knowing that God is ultimately in control is the reason I am not totally freaked out about this election.

As Mr. Messerli so eloquently put it:

There is an interesting balance between personal responsibility and divine sovereignty. As Christians we know that God rules on planet earth. He elevates one and brings down another. The governments that exist are there because God has placed them there. But in the midst of this is our part in his work. We are divinely in a country where we are allowed to be part of the government by our vote. Our responsibility? We must pray, and then vote. Vote for the person you believe is the right person to lead our country, but do it knowing that in the background God is orchestrating the election to accomplish his will. It's a strange thing to be involved by our vote and yet know that God will put the man in office he wants.

As far as Ron Paul...a vote for him is a vote to express the belief that the 2 party system in this country NEEDS TO GO!!! Remember, "absolute power corrupts absolutely". There is just too much money, greed and corruption involved in the 2 party system operating in this country, in my opinion. Did you realize that St. Paul received 50 million dollars in federal money just for security for the RNC? Don't know how much Denver was awarded. Just throwing it out there...



Please pray for our country at this CRUCIAL time in history. You don't have to look very far to see we need God's blessings now more than ever!

No comments: