First up, a really cool casserole dish with carrier that I got for $4.00:


notice the built in "steam escape":

here is a picture of the manufacturer's label:

The next items are a green dish:

In another post someday, I may show you my OTHER green dishes and planters so you can see what I bought this to go with...
and these 2 pictures (remember, old, vintage pictures are my favorites...gotta find more wall space!!!)



The green dish and both pictures were half price so everything came to ten dollars and some change. So we didn't break the bank, which is always a GOOD thing!

Next up are some pictures of our trip to Bloomington to see Lauren for the first time since she moved down there. Of course we got lost (I was navigating...) and got stopped in a traffic tie up due to the state police letting the buses in from Western Kentucky University (I think) for IU's first football game of the season. Believe me, Jim was NOT a happy camper! But once we got there everything was good to go...
This is the entrance to her complex:

I LOVED her "backyard"! The first thing I saw was this rhododendron bush:

Maybe next spring this:

will look like this:

You can't see ANYTHING from the back patio except for huge evergreen trees!


Here is the side view:
The inside is very nice and spacious too, but Lauren wasn't too enthused about having her home plastered all over my blog. LOL Here is Grandma and Lucy:

This is Lauren's roommate, Kristin with her dog Riley and Lucy again:

We couldn't stay as long as I would have liked since we left Scooby at home and had to get back to him. Here is Lauren and Jim as we were leaving:

One last thing. Lauren must live in a pretty posh part of town since this was the gas station down the street. All the gas pumps had flower arrangements on top!

Well, this post is FINALLY finished, except for a cartoon I found regarding Labor Day that I didn't post on Monday. Unfortunately, it reminded me so much of Connersville this year, I couldn't resist:

See you all in church tomorrow!

2 comments:
Lauren and her yard looks wonderful. I would be out there all the time. It was good to see Lucy again too!
Nice finds! I was hoping you would bring some dessert over in that green dish sometime..hint..hint!
It was good talking to you today, I've missed you!!
I loved looking at the antique treasures you found! Nothing compares these days. Thank you for visiting my blog, and for such kind words :).
God Bless!
Kim
Post a Comment