Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thank you, Pastor Kris...

...for today's sermon. I don't know about anybody else, but I needed to hear it and it blessed me. Once again, a spot on sermon. Thanks for bringing prayer, and our prayer life, into better perspective.

Here are some images to go with the message.

This is how most of us start out...in total faith and trust:




Hopefully, it carries over into our teens:



again, hopefully young families will stress the importance of prayer to their children:



Sometimes we are lucky enough to be able to pray at work: (and look how THAT turned out...Colts' locker room, February 4, 2007)





We have to pray in FAITH, believing...





We need to pray as Jesus did...that the Father's will be done:




Lord, teach us all to be prayer warriors:




Hopefully, our prayer life doesn't look like this:




How about you? What is the desire of your heart that you are praying for? Who or what are YOU praying for today? (Unfortunately, Amy doesn't like to have her picture taken...)






Ruby, too!!!

Co-workers:



Our church families...



Our leaders:





Our world: (This picture haunted me when I first saw it. I have had it saved for a long time...I am just now able to use it. WARNING, it is disturbing.)






Thank you God, for the awesome privilege of being able to bring our hearts' desires and burdens before Your throne. And please bless Pastor Kris as he boldly proclaims your word: (Sorry, PK...I wasn't able to save the nice picture of you from your blog homepage...it was either this one, or the one of you in a hammock in Jamaica! LOL)




Hope you all have a blessed Sunday.

PS. I would appreciate any and all prayers for my upcoming certification test...which I have to get back to!

6 comments:

Lynne said...

Thanks for stopping by Sue.
I had only just posted and within a minute you'd called! I was surprised.
I wish you well with your certification test.
Lynne

Casey R. Vincent said...

Sue what an awesome post! You have such a way with presenting things from a different perspective! Praying that you do well on your certification! Good luck!

-Casey-

Unknown said...

Sue, I'm lifting you up in prayer. I know this certification has been very stressful for you. When you are done we can all go out and celebrate!
Also, I could use your prayers. I have developed high blood pressure. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

Love Ya! Milah

Sue said...

Thanks to ALL OF YOU for the prayers! I will be ELATED when it is over (and I pass).

Milah, Let me know what the doctor says about your BP. I don't know how to cure it, but I sure know how to code it...401.9 LOL

Sparky said...

A big *Howdy* from Wiregrass country. My wife and I like your blog very much. Thank you for leaving a comment. Y'all come back now, ya hear?!
Wiregrass Steve
http://wiregrassmusings.blogspot.com/

Nathan said...

Great post! PK did do a great job today!!! Praying for you right now!