Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Saturday, December 20, 2008

CHANGE IN PLANS (AS IF I HAD ANY)...AKA...That is the title of Jim's newest post

(This is Sue. I am typing up an entry in my blog for Jim. I DO wish he would learn to type...LOL)


Got the word Friday morning. Yep, those dreaded words that most men hate to hear. You guys know the ones. Yep. "When are you going to put the tree up?" Scooby heard them too.



OK! OK! I'm going, I'm going. Off to the basement to dig out the tree. My gosh, where did all this junk come from and how did it get in front of the tree? We need a smaller tree. This box is bigger than I am.

Alright. First things first. This is going to require a lot of good bluegrass music. Today's selection, Del McCoury Band!





8:30 am Started putting the tree up. Going pretty good. I can still tell the color on the color coded parts.

9:30 am


Maybe I ought to put on some bluegrass gospel.

10:20 am


Got Del and the boys playing, "I Can Hear the Angels Sing". It's just me and it's kinda loud. Hey! The mailman is on the front porch patting his foot. He is staying there. I don't know if it's the music or the rain that's keeping him on the porch. He needs to move on. We are both real busy. I'm "MODOC'N" now. Scooby has had enough:



TIDBIT: Connersville has a singing mailman. His name is Stan Howard. He is a good Christian and a wonderful singer. A great voice. He is a city carrier and is even known to stop and sing to the people on his route. His son, Matt Howard, is a star player for the Butler Bulldogs basketball tean. I believe that Matt and Crayton Frost (Jack and Milah's son) played on the same team in high school.

11:30: I'm getting there! Hmmm. Is it just me, or does anyone else want to go fishing?



Sometime later. Voila! Topped out and the sun is still up.



TIDBIT: Did you ever wonder why an evergreen tree is placed on top of a completed steel structure? It was started by the Native American Indians. They used to do most of the steel erecting on high buildings. They had no natural fear of heights and therefore had incredible balance. They would place the evergreen tree on top of the completed structure to signify that no one was lost or hurt during the job.

One thing I have learned in all my years as a journeyman carpenter is that you don't "cross trades". Every one has a job. I'm a "putter-upper" and a "taker-downer". My work here is done.

Sue, take it from here...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

This is Sue, taking it from here.

Here is the top of our Christmas tree:



Here is one of my favorite ornaments:



Our tree has many, many more that are my favorites, but for some reason I only took this one picture. The ones Lauren made me in school with her picture on them, Jim and my first Christmas together, the Hallmark "daughter" one my Dad bought me the first Christmas I was separated from Gary, Lauren's first Christmas...Going through the ornament box is DEFINITELY a trip down memory lane!!!

Here is our finished tree:



Finally got some decorations put up today! Hopefully everything will be ready by Christmas Eve when Lauren gets here!

Hope all your Christmases are blessed!


Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas! (Pause playlist on right!)

But don't forget the reason for the season! (you may have to pause it again)

5 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

Your tree looks great! And the "little one" thought Scooby was pretty cute sleeping on the chair!

Unknown said...

You two make a great team! The tree looks beautiful!

That's right about Matt Howard. Crayton was a senior and Matt was a freshman when they played ball.

I'm afraid to ask - but here it goes, "what is MODOC'N?"

Pam @ Frippery said...

The tree is beautiful. Have a lovely Christmas, Pam

Lynne said...

Enjoy your Christmas.
Lynne

Barbara said...

Thanks for y our comments Sue. Nice to meet you.
That's an interesting tree that grows up a level at a time.