Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day, Revisited...AKA this one is for Jim...





{{{PAUSE PLAYLIST ON RIGHT FIRST}}}

Since this is the 4th Saturday in a row that Jim has had to work, and since last Saturday was spent all nostalgic and teary-eyed over Lauren's birthday, today, Valentine's Day 2009, is Jim's turn...

I was trying to find some "love songs" for my playlist, and I stumbled across this. Many people have recorded this song, but Art Garfunkel's version is my favorite. I had this album years ago (before my record burning binge...long story), so I was delighted to find it again. This song speaks volumes. I should have saved it for our anniversary in September, but I knew I would never remember to do it.

I couldn't find Art singing this on You Tube other than this one (with no images) so I will post the lyrics and you can just follow along.

I LOVE YOU, JIM! Happy Valentine's Day!




Shattered dreams, worthless years,
Here am I encased inside a hollow shell,
Life began, then was done,
Now I stare into a cold and empty well

The many sounds that meet our ears
the sights our eyes behold,
Will open up our merging hearts,
And feed our empty souls

I believe when I fall in love with
you it will be forever,
I believe when I fall in love this
time it will be forever

Without despair we will share,
And the joys of caring will not be replaced,
What has been must never end
And with the strength we have won't be erased
When the truths of love are planted firm,
They won't be hard to find,
And the words of love I speak to you
will echo in my mind

I believe when I fall in love with
you it will be forever,
I believe when I fall in love this
time it will be forever

I believe when I fall in love with
you it will be forever,
I believe when I fall in love this time it will be forever...





I thank God every day that He brought us together...

LOVE
1 Cor 13:4-8

Love is patient,

love is kind.

It does not envy,

it does not boast,

it is not proud.

It is not rude,

it is not self-seeking,

it is not easily angered,

it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects,

always trusts,

always hopes,

always perseveres.

Love never fails.

NIV

Please forgive me when I fail you and don't always practice these precepts...

3 comments:

Greg P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mrsmorris said...

That was a beautiful tribute to Jim! I, too, am blessed with the most incredible husband. I do not know how I would make it without him. Such a comfort to know you will be together until God calls you home.

I am doing better with my son having a girlfriend than he or I guessed I would. But yes, a cold wind blows when you realize you are no longer everything in your son's eyes. Of course it's normal and expected - still tough though, on a mother's heart.

I will love and accept any female who treats my son well. He is far too young to marry, but he is quite familiar with God's word on this subject. There was another girl before this one, and I didn't trust her. I was so happy when that ended. I didn't even say "I told you so."

Greg P. said...

Hi Sue:

I answered your question in my blog comments.

Just curious, are you also a Cincy Reds fan?