Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Thursday, February 19, 2009

How our government REALLY works...AKA a good laugh is needed on a day Obama backpeddles

(This first part of my post is borrowed, with permission, from my new friend Eddie over at "Eddie's Place".) THANKS for sharing!

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House in D.C. One is from Kentucky , one from Tennessee , and a third from Jersey . They all go in to examine the fence with a White House official.

The Tennessee contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. 'Well', he says, 'I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Kentucky contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, 'I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Jersey contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers,'$2,700.'

The official, incredulous, whispers back, 'You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?'

The Jersey contractor whispers back, '$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire that guy from Kentucky to fix the fence.'

'Done!' replies the government official.

And that, my friends, is how it all works!!!


Ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth...Didn't Bugs Bunny always say that?



And speaking of "wascly wabbits", to learn how Obama backpeddled today up in Canada, start with this link: (Don't forget to pause my playlist over on the right first!)


here is a rebuttal, of sorts:

Not true? YEAH, RIGHT!!!!. You decide...

this is what happened today:

excerpt from link:
"President Barack Obama, in his first foreign trip, sought to reassure Canada that he had no intention of turning some of his campaign rhetoric on trade into actual barriers between the U.S. and its largest trading partner."

Ok, Mr. President...which is it going to be. Sounds to me like you told the poor souls in Ohio EXACTLY what they wanted (and needed) to hear, with absolutely no intention of carrying out anything but your globalist agenda. And don't give me the old "Now is a time where we've got to be very careful about any signals of protectionism, because as the economy of the world contracts, I think there's going to be a strong impulse, on the part of constituencies in all countries, to see if they can engage in beggar-thy-neighbor policies," Mr. Obama said.", crap because I ain't buying it. This global recession was manufactured for the benefit of people like you (Presidents Bushes and Clinton included) and those you serve...I know those are strong words, but true, nonetheless. Speaking them until freedom of speech is just a memory... I also know that God is in complete control and Mr. Obama may not even be aware of what he is helping to create...(No, I don't think he is the Anti-Christ, as some do. He can't be because he isn't from the rebuilt "Holy Roman Empire", unless Kenya could be counted in that someway. LOL)

But I digress...What happened to the "Buy American" part of the so called "Stimulus Package"? Just who is getting stimulated...looks like it won't be Americans after all...But you can bet your bippy the good old "North American Union" will prosper at the expense of more American jobs. (THAT is a soapbox I have been on for over three years now...here are a couple links to start with. Here and here)

OK, it is much, much too late in the evening for me to be getting all worked up! LOL
I have to take comfort in these words:

Revelation 11:15 (King James Version)

And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

4 comments:

Greg P. said...

Hi Sue:

AMEN, to your last paragraph!!!

Get used to Obama doing the backstroke. He may just win gold in the 2012 Olympics! "Tell 'em what they want to hear, they'll forget all about what you promised 'em by the next election". That's the Chicago democratic machine way. Obama was a major cog in the machine!

Unknown said...

Sue,

I like the joke...good one!

I don't know how you can remember so many things, honestly I can't remember what to put on my grocery list and when I do, I forget where I've put it!;D

I read the link about buying American and still need to go back and read the others. I've got a feeling it's gonna get so bad we'll all be buying American.....at garage sales!

A movie night sounds great. I actually ordered a Miss Potter DVD. I'm not sure why that wasn't a big hit...I loved it!

Have a nice weekend!

mrsmorris said...

Hi Sue,

I was going to email you directly, but couldn't find an email link on your blog - perhaps because I'm tired?

Your accident sounds like a nightmare, total miscarriage of justice. Since I began this little odyssey I have heard so many similar stories, where the innocent one gets the shaft.

I suppose if one HAS to have an accident, mine certainly leaves no room for doubt. A woman ran a red light across a busy intersection, and was t-boned by another car. That impact sent the red light runner's car into the air, on its side. It rolled a few times while airborne, and came to rest on top of my hood, resting on its side. The last thing I saw before I closed my eyes was this huge black object (the underside of her car) coming at me at eye level. Another couple of feet and she would have come through my windshield. These kinds of experiences tend to mess with your mind.

I am lucky to be alive, and God sent so many angels to help me. I had both dogs in the car too, and they were okay. I was sitting in the left turn lane waiting for the green arrow, so as I said, zero fault. I have wonderful photos taken by a witness who just happened to have her digital camera with her.

I am so sorry about your situation. Geez, I wish I could just twitch my nose and get you a new SUV.

Kim

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Sue, I loved the fence story! Ain't that the TRUTH!?!?! And, it's so sad.

I do think we are of like mind and I'm going to write my opinion until free speech is taken away, and even then, I believe I'll find a way to do it!

I see we have a friend in common: Milah! She's so nice and we also think very much alike!

I hope you have a great weekend and stop by my blog any old time and I'll keep my eye on yours! XOXO
Joni