Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Sunday, June 14, 2009

46 years ago today...

{First of all, a question: How can I remember all these things that happened YEARS ago and can't remember why I walked into a room at times???}



46 years ago today, at age 10, I had my tonsils taken out.








(sorry to be so graphic...my job makes me immune to that sort of thing. LOL)


How do I remember the exact date when that happened? Because it happened on June 14...FLAG DAY!





Here is a link to the history of Flag Day. Hope you all are waving "Old Glory" proudly at your homes...today and everyday!

Remember the price which many, many people have paid for us to be able to do so...


ETA: Forgot to say, I am REALLY excited about our new series at church...Praying that the Lord will use it to open people's eyes to God's truth and love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have enjoyed your day too Sue. Maybe you should treat yourself to ice cream in honor of your long ago tonsilectomy!!!

Sue said...

It is funny what we remember. I am so amazed at what I have forgotten! I agree, ice cream sounds like a great way to honor the tonsilectomy memory!

Greg P. said...

Very interesting explanation of Flag Day's origin. I'm also glad to see your respect for this day. We should appreciate the simple things in life. Thank you for remembering this day that so many don't even realize exists.

Not to change the subject, but, I think your Reds play my White Sox next weekend.

Z said...

Hi, Sue, and thanks for coming by.
You have a wonderful Christian based blog and I hope you come back and read especially my weekly Sunday Faith Blog! I'd love your input!
Mostly, I'm REAL angry politics, but I take a day of rest! (smile)...well, SOMETIMES i can restrain from doing another political later on that Sunday afternoon!!!

Big blessings to you z