Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Saturday, June 20, 2009

A little of this and a little of that...AKA...catching up on goings on

Last week I launched my new blog, "Politics and Religion". I did this in order to separate my "political" posts from the "regular" ones.





When I started it, I was thinking, "This must be what having more than 1 kid feels like. I love my 1st blog so much...so much of me is in it...so much time and energy has been put into it...I will never be able to feel this way about another..." But you know what? The "new kid on the block" is starting to grow on me! LOL

Anyway, I have been meaning to post some things here. (There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day! Working full time or not, I am sure you all would agree with that!) OK, let's begin...





First of all, Lauren graduated from Ivy Tech and is moving to Indy next month to begin her quest for a Bachelor's Degree...I am SO PROUD of her I can't begin to tell you! She has gone to school full time and has worked and paid her own way since she graduated from high school. I have just sat back and watched in amazement. She is SO DIFFERENT from what I was at her age...(Thank God! LOL)

CONGRATULATIONS, LAUREN!!!




(1 down...others to follow)

Also, she is going to be the Maid of Honor in a wedding next Saturday...


It is going to be an outdoor wedding, so we are praying for wonderful weather. Hopefully I will get some good pictures to share later.


no news yet on this:





Last but not least...an update on Dad's garden. Here is what it looked like a few weeks ago...





Here is what it looks like now!!!






















check out this cabbage plant!









As Jim and I were driving over there the other night, we noticed EVERYBODY'S gardens seem to be doing beautifully this year. It reminded me of the house here in Connersville that Milah posted about that is growing a "Victory Garden" in their yard. (There are others, just in our neighborhood alone. I am thinking that with the ecomony being the way it is, more people are growing their own veggies this year...therefore a lot of prayer has been put into it, I am sure, hence the bountiful results!)

I am going to be taking some time off from work this summer and Ruby (my step-mom) is going to teach me how to can...something I neglected to pick up along the way. I am sure that is going to be an experience...in more ways than one.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to everyone!!! I hope you all have a great time with your Dads if you are lucky enough to still have them with you! Audra, Amy and Emily will be here tomorrow to enjoy Jim's famous "Goulash"! (Lauren has to work.) I know he is excited to see them all!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sue,

Tell Lauren Congratulations!

Your dad's garden looks great and I love the smile on his face.;D Congratulations to you for learning how to can...woohoo! I hope when the economy improves we will still see all these wonderful gardens. I think people will figure out that home grown taste better.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Lauren. You both must be so proud of her.
Your dad looks so proud of his garden and rightly so - it's wonderful!
I never learned to can veggies either - have fun!
Wishing you and your family a wonderful day tomorrow.

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Good for your daughter, she's a GOOD AMERICAN...just like so many have been before her...you have set a great example for her. I love, love, love your dad's garden! I love his happiness, it shows in more than just his smile! Who can't be happy about a little plot of dirt growing their own food! I am so happy you're going to be canning...you'll love it, I know! Maybe not in August when it's hot and you're laboring over the stove, but you WILL LOVE IT in the winter when you pull those jars off the shelf with sunshine preserved inside!
XOXO
Joni

Anonymous said...

Photo #5 on my post is a cola with fizz on top!!! Thanks for your visit and hope you have a good week.

Pam @ Frippery said...

What a great garden your Dad has going. Happy Fathers Day to him and you hubs. Love that you are starting a new blog. You inspire me in your willingness to speak out. Your daughter is also a great inspiration for young women. Can't wait to hear how the canning goes. Our life has recently taken an interesting turn as my hub's job was eliminated, out of the blue, as many have been. Having worked all of his life without a break we are looking at this as a window to a new life.God closes doors and opens windows. I look forward to your views on the new state of our country. The times are changing and we must be on guard. Hugs, Pam

Barbara said...

What wonderful vegetables your Father has grown.Pack me up a bag and send across the Atlantic please.

I rather passed over the tonsils pic. quick. The rest was interesting.