
If you remember from a previous post, Carbon Motors is considering building their factory here in Connersville. Apparently, executives from CM have been in Connersville off and on for the past three weeks. I can't find the link, but according to the Connersville News Examiner, our local officals are pretty sure the towns have been narrowed down from 5 to 2...with Connersville still in the running, along with a city in South Carolina. Bryan Coats, executive director of the Economic Development Group of Fayette County, stated he felt that the potential downfall of Gov. Mark Sanford due to the disclosure of his affair with a woman from Argentina might actually benefit our cause. (A HUGE holdup is that since Visteon declared bankruptcy, the building they wanted to use is in limbo right now.) But I sure hope they don't get wind of this...
"It's no coincidence that the liberals most invested in cap and trade -- Barbara Boxer, Henry Waxman, Ed Markey -- come from California or the Northeast.
Coal provides more than half of U.S. electricity, and 25 states get more than 50% of their electricity from conventional coal-fired generation. In Ohio, it totals 86%, according to the Energy Information Administration. Ratepayers in Indiana (94%), Missouri (85%), New Mexico (80%), Pennsylvania (56%), West Virginia (98%) and Wyoming (95%) are going to get soaked."

"...An economy-wide tax under the cover of saving the environment is the best political moneymaker since the income tax."
link also here
I know a lot of people will not agree with me on this one (oh well...what else is new? LOL) but I have said all along...so called, "global warming" is the PERFECT way to pass a GLOBAL TAX. Watch and see...
I don't care if Al Gore DID give the most amazing and articulate concession speech in the history of mankind in 2000 (which he did, by the way.) This is how I see him now...

We better hope the Senate defeats the Cap and Trade...which just got "iffier" now that SNL alum Al Franken is the newest Democratic Senator. That gives Democrats their filibuster-proof 60 votes in the Senate.

I guess Al Franken as Stuart Smalley ("I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!"...remember?) isn't really a fair portrayal of this country's newest Senator, is it? Hey, it could have been this one. (WARNING...GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING!!! For real. Do not let your children/grandchildren see this picture!) Let's give the guy a fair chance...How about this one instead.

I normally would have posted this on my political blog, but felt like you all needed an update to Carbon Motors. The final decision is supposed to be made by July 10th. In the meantime, call your senators and tell them to vote AGAINST the Cap and Trade Bill. I don't know about you all, but we can't afford it!!!

3 comments:
Great post! I pray that our Senate does not pass this bill- I have written to my reps and called. Ironically when I start talking to people, those who know about the bill are vehemently opposed and those who are out of touch can't believe what it is when I explain it to them. Our government has lost touch with its taxpayers.
Feel free to link to my post if you'd like.
Happy 4th July Sue!
Post a Comment