Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Monday, June 30, 2008

Nothing new under the sun...

"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun." Ecclesiastes 1:9 KJV

This verse came to mind when I read this article entitled "Men's Paris Fashions Blur Gender Boundaries".

Apparently the Christian Dior 2009 Spring - Summer line is full of gender bending fashions. Here is an example:
and this fetching little number: So that made me think that this kind of thing has already been done before as in this:Then again, this "Louie the 14th look" just might have been the height of masculinity in France in the 1600 - 1700s...

4 comments:

Hobbs Family said...

You crack me up!!!! I better not catch Chris in any of this get-up...He did go to the tanning bed tonight. Next thing I know he will be using lotion on his hands...Sounds like a Brad Paisley song. I bet Jim will know the words, if not we could ask Pastor Kris! HAHAHA

Mommy pfohl said...

You are too funny! -mindy

Emily said...

i don't think you have to worry about dad trying any of these fashions out.

Unknown said...

Where do you find this stuff?

Looking back I suppose its not new. Thirty years ago Porter Wagner, Liberachi, and Elton John dressed in sequins and silk! :)