Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ahhhhh, Nostalgia...

The other day I had an oldies station on the radio. It was a beautiful day. Sun shining brightly...no humidity. I had the volume a TAD bit up. LOL This song came on unexpectedly and immediately I was transported back to my youth. I remember even taping this song from the radio (WLS in Chicago) onto a cassette tape by holding the microphone up to the radio speaker. (WOW! We really had technology down pat, back in the day!) This all happened in 1970 when I was a Jr. in High School. I LOVED this song back then, found it on You Tube and decided to post. It is really cool also, because it even has a real live turntable in action! For anybody who loves oldies, check out this guy's (Morasch) other videos. He has a lot of obscure stuff.
Don't forget to pause my playlist over on the right before clicking on the video.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yeah!!! That brings back good memories! It reminds me of our
70's ranch home with our finished basement. I would put on a stack of 45's and roller skate (indoor skates of course) in circles for hours. I bought all the latest records at Lyons Record Shop in Connersville. Do you remember that store? I also bought a bunch of needles for my record player!

Sue said...

I SURE DO remember Lines Record Shop! Spent a lot of my parents' good, hard earned $ in that place! LOL He could get you any "45" or "LP" you wanted. (Long time since we have used those terms, huh?)
Your inDOOR (as opposed to inLINE) skates had a key...Remember Melanie's song, "I've Got a Brand New Pair of Roller Skates"? (not going to mention the second line...too risque). Of ALL the classic oldies I could have posted, for some reason, this song always reminded me of summer. There were a lot of others, but I had completely forgotten about this until I heard it a couple days ago. Thanks for strolling down memory lane with me, Milah!!!

Emily said...

what is that big black thing spinning around and around?