So Friday morning as the rain was POURING down... and you can't put gutters up when it is raining... Jim decides to start cleaning our porch. (I think Emily's porch cleaning must have inspired him)
The rain helped clean some stuff...
Unfortunately, I forgot to get a picture of the finished product, but believe me, it looks great! By then the rain had stopped so Jim decides to go ahead and WASH OUR HOUSE. Yes, he scrubbed the siding on the whole house! Fast forward to Saturday. The weather was beautiful, so Jim starts on the gutters. He had been telling me that it is really a 2 man job, so when he came in later and asked me if I wanted to come meet his helper, I thought, "Cool. He got somebody to help him!" Meet the helper:
Here is Jim and his helper hard at work. (notice Scooby on the porch, supervising):
Now, just so you won't think I wasn't doing anything while Jim was hard at work, here are a few shots of what I was doing between house cleaning...
and this:
So a good weekend was had by all, except for the helper who discovered his services were no longer needed. Here is the dismanteling process:
Seriously, I thank God everyday for giving me a wonderful Christian husband! We also thanked God that he did all that work without getting hurt (if you remember, he took a NASTY fall from an 8 ft ladder a couple months ago).
Hope everybody's holiday weekend was productive, relaxing, entertaining or whatever you needed it to be, well-spent with family and friends!

5 comments:
You guys got alot done! I really like the pictures you took of your flowers. They are really beautiful.
I think Jack Frost would have made a great helper... no ladder needed :-)
Jim did a great job.
It amazes me that we still have a dad sometimes! =)
sue you also forgot to mention the amazing breakfast for dinner you cooked for all his hard work!
Jim always did make friends real easy! LOL
So now that the porch is cleaned up can we come over???
Awesome Pictures Sue! Now, stop complaining about your camera!!
Post a Comment