Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A quick political thought...

As much as I would like to see our pastor become president, I don't forsee that happening. The 2 men we have to choose from both scare me to death, but that is another post.


Anyway, someone correct me if I am wrong, but in my lifetime I cannot remember seeing a UNITED STATES (not North American Union...yet) presidental candidate campaign overseas. Have you?



Remember you heard it here...Not ALL change is GOOD for you. Just saying.

Stay tuned. More to follow...

9 comments:

Audra said...

I think Bush did the same thing. I could be wrong though.

Emily said...

well audra "bit" before i did, but i remember having this convo the other night with you. and i don't know about the campaigning in other countries, BUT i do agree that not all change is good. that seems to be his biggest platform. ignorant americans (who will have the highest turnout at the polls) are going to expect this change immediately, which obviously won't happen. i'm a little worried as well...

Sue said...

Audra, sorry, but according to the Huffington Post...

"In previous campaigns, strategists did not want their candidates traveling outside of swing states, let alone the country. But for the first time, candidates are venturing outside the United States on the campaign trail."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nancy-soderberg-and-brian-katulis/americas-first-global-pre_b_114583.html

Audra said...

I was just going off what I heard on the radio. They were discussing the same matter. But we both know that you can't believe all you hear on the radio or read on the web! ha =)

Sue said...

True, dat, Audra.

But we CAN believe every word of the Bible. When it goes hand in hand with the news we are hearing today, we can rest assured that there is coming a day when the whole world will be united into a global government, currency and religion.

Just trying to point out that things are happening right before our eyes which the Bible spoke of a few thousand years ago. We won't know the exact time, but we are commanded to watch for the signs.
-Luke 21:27-36

Audra said...

I love you dearly, but you are not allowed to EVER say "true dat" ever again!!! ha

Next thing I know, you'll have a gangster lean and start throwing gang signs! =)

Love you!

Emily said...

sue is slim with a tilted brim...yo yo!

Sue said...

Chizzle, Befrizzle!!!!!

(If I just cursed, I plead ignorance.)

Coby said...

I understand what you're saying, but I see why he would venture out into other countries; to be seen and heard and hopefully have some positive feedback from the leaders. If we want America to be a successful and prosperous country, we need to be in good spirits with the rest of the world. Not necessarily "in kahuts" with them but on good terms.