
{I created this post a few days ago, but held off on posting for fear it was too inflammatory so soon after the inauguration. I decided to go ahead with it since President Obama officially signed the "Mexico City Policy" today...}
First things first. I am going to miss the "Bushisms" that we have enjoyed over the last 8 years. Ahh, good times... Having said that, I am glad this country finally has an African-American president. (We aren't supposed to say "black" anymore, are we? Although, as my co-worker pointed out to me, he is "Mixed", rather than "Black". Calling him "Black" is an affront to his white mother. I can't keep up with all the political correctness...) But an historic moment? MOST DEFINITELY!
Now, here comes the bad news...
First of all, Barack H. Obama may very well be an illegally elected president. Now before you all start throwing stones at me, hear me out. (Don't forget, we all said Dubya stole the election the first time. Remember?) Some of you may not be aware that there are several movements afoot to have him produce his actual birth certificate. He hasn't. The one the Democratic Party posted online during the campaign is NOT a legal birth certificate. There is a strong possibility the reason he hasn't just produced the darn thing is because he can't without proving the fact that he wasn't born in the United States. Kenya, actually. Remember this post? The topic of the country of his birth is why the gentleman shown in the post (Jerome Corsi) was detained in Kenya...a fact finding tour that the Kenyan government thought should be halted, and was. Oh well, what's a little constitutional discrepancy among friends, right? Here is just one of the MANY links you can find if you research the topic.
But hey, that is old news and is going to be a moot point. Apparently the Supreme Court doesn't consider the possibility that the Constitution was disobeyed as something to actually look into. Let's move on.
CNN reported today (Monday) that: "Obama may quickly reverse abortion policy"
The article states, "Obama's second full day as president falls on the 36th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the 1973 Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion in the United States. The sources said Obama may use the occasion to reverse the "Mexico City policy" reinstated in 2001 by Bush that prohibits U.S. money from funding international family planning groups that promote abortion or provide information, counseling or referrals about abortion services. It bans any organization receiving family planning funds from the U.S. Agency for International Development from offering abortions or abortion counseling."
Well, today he did reverse it: Link
Can we be talking about population control here?
"President Bush has revoked funding for the UNFPA every year during his administration for violating a U.S. law prohibiting sending public funds to groups that promote forced abortions.
The Obama campaign, in an October 2007 response to a survey from the pro-abortion RH Reality Check web site, confirmed the presidential candidate would restore funding to the controversial group.
"Yes, Senator Obama would overturn the global gag rule and reinstate funding for UNFPA," Obama's campaign responded."
What is UNFPA, you ask? It is the United Nations Population Fund.
Taken from the UNFPA website:
"Viet Nam debates two child policy
Radio Australia reported on 21 November that Vietnam's government is considering a return to a two child policy in an attempt to control population growth."
The reason I veered off from the abortion issue to population control is that I am just trying to point out how terribly wrong the world's governments have become. Once again. We know there is nothing new under the sun and the world has seen really bad times before. We know it because the Bible says, "Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man." {Luke 17:26}
Don't get me wrong. I am praying for our new President. I am hoping against hope that he will become Godly, wise and lead us in the "way in which we should go." I know it is early, but so far, not so good. I didn't even get into the fact that he had a self-proclaimed homosexual "minister" say a prayer at the swearing in ceremony. A minister who stated he "will not use the Bible as his text, saying:
"While that is a holy and sacred text to me, it is not for many Americans," Robinson said. "I will be careful not to be especially Christian in my prayer. This is a prayer for the whole nation."
Are you KIDDING me? A "minister" who says the Bible is a 'holy and sacred text', yet states he will take great pains to not be "especially Christian" in a prayer. Well, we just can't be intolerant of any religion, I guess. Even though Jesus was. He made it very clear, there was only one way to the Father.
I am sure there will be more to come. But in the meantime...
Welcome, Mr. President!

5 comments:
Hi Sue:
As far as Obama being black or African American or whatever, many of my black friends laugh and tell me, "I'm not African, I'm an American and I'm black, so call me black because that's what I am". Besides, not all people of black color ARE African. Some are Jamaican, some are Haitian, etc. Makes no difference to me. They are people first and foremost.
Just as Obama is a person first and foremost, whether he is half white or half black.
It's to bad that he won't give millions of babies a chance to be white, black, red, or yellow over the next four years. He just signed an order to have them slaughtered at will!
I don't care if I take any heat over what I said. It's about time Christians started speaking up and calling out despicable behavior in government and anywhere else. We've been sitting on our hands long enough. That's why we have the most liberal member of Congress as President of the United States.
Thanks for the comment, Greg. I agree with you that we Christians should begin to voice our anger when we see God's laws being ridiculed. To the best of my knowledge, we believers are not the minority and yet we seem to be content to take a back seat when the true minority of persons in this country continue to shape the laws of the land.
We know who is the REAL force behind all this...it doesn't make it any easier, however, knowing that the direction this country is headed could possibly be averted if we would just cry out to God for forgiveness and mercy and start living in a way that would be pleasing to Him. ***points finger at self here***
It will be interesting to see what happens. We could be headed for revolution. Meanwhile, in real life,are you snowed in in your area Sue? Pam
I sooooo agree with you Sue on every point here...should be interesting to see where America is after 4 yrs of liberal Obama leading.....Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope you will come back often.
I do not trust him. I think he's smoother than a newborn baby's butt. Used car salesman smooth. Personal injury attorney smooth. I don't think we ever get the whole truth, from anyone in Washington though.
Post a Comment