Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Soggy Bottom Boys- I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow

(PAUSE PLAYLIST ON RIGHT FIRST...however, it just became the first song on my playlist)

I had forgotten HOW MUCH I loved this movie and the soundtrack...there are a couple more songs from the movie on my playlist...until I saw it on TV today. When I saw George Clooney lipsinking this wonderful song by Dan Tyminski, I jumped up to post it.

If any of you haven't seen "O Brother, Where Art Thou", I highly recommend it! The Cohen Brothers sure have a quirky sense of humor, which is right up my alley.

Also, this movie is based on "The Odyssey" by Homer, hence the sirens...

5 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Sue,

This should probably go on my blog as one of my "confessions"... you would have never guessed that this is one of my favorite movies! I love it.

What channel was it on? Perhaps they will replay it. I've seen it probably 6 times - but I wouldn't mind seeing it a 7th.

Well, I gotta r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Unknown said...

There was another song in that movie by Allison Krauss called "Down to the River to Pray." I have that song on my ringtone! I loved that movie too!

Pam @ Frippery said...

I love this movie. My kids both do as well. I had the CD and my daughter adopted it as her own. I also have the DVD. Great! Pam

Sue said...

PK,
I am just "tickled pink" to hear you are a big fan of OBWAT! Jim says to tell you he always knew you were a closet bluegrass fan. (There is a HUGE difference between country and bluegrass, ya know!) My favorite line is, "We thought you was a toad!" It was on WXIN (Fox 59) this afternoon.

Milah, Down to the River to Pray is one of my faves, too. It is on my playlist, somewhere. I have almost 200 songs on it. (My playlist is sort of a mini-compass of my life...)

Pam, thanks for stopping by. Seems like this movie crosses all kinds of barriers, huh? Age, music "snobs" (LOL) I still have to come pick up my award. I am a huge procrastinator...

Greg P. said...

Sue, I'm just a "city boy", but, I DO like Bluegrass.

There is a bluegrass band in the rural suburbs of Chicago called Ashton Gap. (ashtongap.com) They are very good, but, they pretty much play the Chicago area or down in Kentucky.

I've got the Super Bowl figured out. Kurt Warner is going to lead the Cardinals to their first Super Bowl win. Then he will be a free agent, sign with the Bears and take them to a Super Bowl, win and then retire. He'll go out in a blaze of glory! Mark my words.