"Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing."
II Timothy 4:8 (KJV)
Audra and Daryl's Wedding...
Emily and Quinton's Wedding...
Lauren and Mark's Wedding...
Saturday, April 18, 2009
A Post by Jim...AKA remembering the "good ol' days"
Today is such a BEAUTIFUL day that it started Jim reminiscing about his childhood. He remembers when children weren't allowed to stay in the house on a beautiful spring afternoon. Children didn't just sit in the house reading, watching TV or playing video games. (well, there certainly weren't any video games...maybe no TV either!) Sometimes they had to go get supper:
JUST KIDDING, PEOPLE!
He said he remembers his mother saying, "You boys get outside and play!!!"
Jim says he thinks THIS is what she was talking about...
{PAUSE PLAYLIST FIRST}
Pretty good, huh? Jim DOES love his bluegrass! (So do I...) BOTH kinds!
Very good! Even this old city boy likes bluegrass.
Sue, I noticed the Bengals picked up another troubled ex-Bear last week. His name is Tank Johnson and he was cut by the Bears a couple years ago for run-ins with the law. He went to the Cowboys and didn't really do a whole lot there. Now he signed with the Bengals for this season. I hope he can play and stay out of trouble.
Greg, Why am I NOT surprised??? The Bengals could make another re-make of the Longest Yard!
I hadn't heard about Tank Johnson yet. I went over to "Bengals.com" to check it out and found this thread topic on the forums:
"Russel/Tank/Benson--Cuts become our Starters--LOL " OUCH!!! I see that he is a DT??? What we NEED is a great OT!! AHHH, the wisdom of Mikey Brown keeps amazing me...
I am a 59 year old woman whom God is STILL working on. I am a wife, married to a wonderful man named Jim. I am a mother to a wonderful and beautiful daughter named Lauren. I am a step mother to 4 beautiful and wonderful daughters named Katrina, Audra, Emily and Amy and step-grandma to little Marlee Grace. I recently became a mother-in-law to Mark, Quinton and Daryl. I was employed full time as a Physician Coder, but after 12 years with Fayette Regional Health System (8 as a pediatric office manager and 4 as a coder), myself and several others were "let go", due to a bad ecomony. Funny how those words take on a whole new meaning when they get personal... Now I am employed as the receptionist at Stant USA Corporation. The desire of my heart is that my children, family and friends come to know God's salvation and the truth of His Word in a way that is pleasing to Him so that we ALL are able to be together in Heaven at the end of this life.
Brightening a Kitchen Corner with Plates
-
I started collecting old, decorative plates about 4 years ago. My plan was
to put them above my kitchen door and have them swoop around the corner and
abov...
Friday Freebie Image: July 24
-
Here is your Friday Freebie image for July 24th! This image is exclusive
to our Friday Freebie email subscribers. Click on the image above to bring
it ...
Excessively Diverted
-
Hello Ladies,My granddaughter, Miss Lillian (the young lady who wrote the
book I posted about a short while ago) is getting married at the end of
August, ...
DIY Rolling Workbench With Plans
-
[image: Finished DIY rolling workbench with a large plywood top, bottom
storage shelf, casters, and woodworking tools in a garage workshop.]
Build a sturdy...
Move Slow & Make Things | Giveaway No. 4
-
The launch of my new book, Move Slow & Make Things, is just a few weeks
away! September 1 feels like it’s far on the horizon, but it really is
right ar...
Style Showcase 354
-
Welcome to another Style Showcase, where we highlight our best posts for
decorating and home decor, with a little food thrown in. Today we have easy
ente...
Cricut vs DTF: How to Make the Best Custom Shirts
-
If you want to make custom shirts and are trying to figure out the best
option, I’m here to help. Let's chat about Cricut vs DTF to compare how
long it t...
Your Top Five Decorating Dilemmas SOLVED!
-
Common design and decor dilemmas and how to fix them!
Over my 18 years of blogging and content creation, I've received *so many*
design dilemma questions fr...
Happy 17th Birthday, Matilda!
-
Dear Matilda, Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! Today you turn 17 years old!
You’ve had a really amazing last year. Here are some things I would like to
remembe...
Happy Earth Day 2026!
-
Earth Day is more than just a celebration—it's a call to action to preserve
the delicate ecosystems we call home. Whether it's planting a native garden
o...
I'm always thankful for new beginnings!
-
Spring is on the way y'all!!!I don't know why but every year, Spring makes
me feel like wishing you "Happy New Year!!"I haven't added a new blog post
in a...
The blog is closing
-
I shouldn’t have reopened my blog. I should have gone with my instincts and
just disappeared. There have been so many new visitors since I reopened but
ver...
More Transferware
-
Hello everyone,
I am back with a few pics of some of my
transferware on this snowy afternoon.
This large platter came from an
antique shop in Quebec ...
An Update For Friends of Vee
-
This is Abby from Little Birdie Blessings, with some news about our dear
friend Vee. On Sunday, July 23, 2023, Vee peacefully left this earth for
her Hea...
The Return of the Fireflies
-
In the midst of a drought, we finally began to experience rain showers from
time to time. We even welcomed the storms, praying they did not become
sever...
Fakta Menarik Tinggal Pada Rumah Di Cibubur
-
Jika anda sedang melakukan pencarian rumah yang cocok untuk tinggal di
daerah DKI Jakarta maka hal yang demikian bukanlah perkara yang sulit.
Meskipun di...
Fall Goodness
-
Hello dear ones! I so hope you are all doing well. I’m sure you would all
agree that this has been a difficult year! Thankfully the Lord has been
right b...
Fairy Eggs
-
I have full grow chickens. Every
once in a while and very rare they will surprise me when I go to collect
eggs!
Sometimes they pass through a tiny
"Fairy...
Large Birdhouse Watercolor
-
Hello everyone and welcome back to another Watercolor Wednesday! I’m sorry
that I didn’t have a new painting for you the last two weeks but we were in
Fran...
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
-
This Saturday is a brand new episode of “Home Sweet Home” on Food Network.
My kids are helping me shoot it, my production company in the UK is editing
it t...
February Vacations...they're the best!
-
After being sunshine-starved, our little family headed to the sunny skies
of Key West for a week-long vacation. This was Vivi's second airplane
adventure...
The tragedy of abortion
-
I've been thinking about the abortion problem and it is tragic and
terrible, but it's actually much worse than many describe. Not only have
more than 60 mi...
January 2020 Penny Pinching Party
-
I'm in denial that it's January 2020 and am still going through all of the
December links from the Penny Pinching Party last month. So many great
Christmas...
Story Time – Part Two
-
Hi! Thanks for coming back for part two of my DRAMA FILLED LIFE SAGA! Not
really, but kinda. Catch up on part one if you missed it here. So to recap
… my...
My Garden 2018
-
I have finally got to posting some photos of my garden this year. Chosen
just a few to give some idea of how the year has progressed
Things start to per...
Musings and Family…
-
I think we had the coldest March and April in many years here in Eastern
Tennessee. Spring came and then disappeared. The last week the weather
warmed to...
Loss and Change
-
"The real things haven't changed.
It is still best to be honest and truthful;
To make the most of what we have;
To be happy with simple pleasures;
And have...
Spring Cleaning the Easy Way
-
I've partnered with *Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover*.
The Spring Cleaning Tips are all mine!
Spring Cleaning is one of those phrases that I tend t...
HE IS RISEN !! HAPPY EASTER
-
HE IS RISEN
Happy Easter Blessings.
Thank you, Jesus!!
We are going to Easter buffet this year. No cooking for anyone. Lots of
yummy food. I better we...
Baked Pumpkin and Goat Cheese Pasta with Bacon
-
What do you get when you combine pasta with bacon + goat cheese + pumpkin?
Perfect winter comfort food at it's best! This dish was so good and best
o...
Dining Room Window Curtains
-
I've been trying to figure out whether I wanted to put dining room window
curtains up. If there was a lot of greenery out there, I probably wouldn't,
bu...
I'm not late.....I'm just really, really early
-
I didn't get my act together enough before Christmas to share how I
decorated for the Season
this year and wanted to post it before 2018~
so here goes......
Dibalik Duka ku ada Duka yang lain
-
[image: Dibalik Duka ku ada Duka yang lain Cerita Motivasi dan Inspirasi
Nomor 1]
Saat itu rencana keluargaku berlibur ke Pulau Bali. Aku sangat bahagia,
...
The Joy of Being Content
-
A new start in a familiar place, close to friends and family, has been
consuming this past year.
I have missed this place and didn't even realize I was miss...
Muhly Grass Now In Session
-
Now that October has rolled steadfastly into our consciousness, it is time
for the Fairegarden to bid adieu to the flowers of 2017. It’s been a good
year o...
“YOU HAVE KNOWN ME”
-
The Lord asks us, "Do you truly believe I see exactly what you are
enduring right now?"
Perhaps as you read this message, you are going through something t...
Farmhouse Grunge
-
I found this chest of drawers at Goodwill about two years ago. The drawers
were quite snug and wouldn't open without a serious struggle. It also had a
must...
"And The Stone Rolled Away"...planter project...
-
Hello Friends....sorry I haven't been around but it is spring time and you
know what that means for me...it is GREENHOUSE Growing and BASEBALL
Throwing ti...
Not in Avignon, but where?
-
A spectacular piece of architecture by the sea. If the first two photos
leave you clueless, the last one will say it all.
*Un projet architectural spect...
DIYShowOff 2016 Review
-
[image: [Valid RSS]]
[image: 2016 DIYShowOff recap]
Looking back at 2106, it was a year with more crafts than home improvement
which means that we’re goi...
Mirror Redo
-
I have wanted a mirror forever, but I am such a cheap skate I haven't
wanted to spend very much! So you can imagine my excitement when I found
this LARGE ...
10 year blogging anniversary
-
Hello! I just realized that I missed my 10 year blogging anniversary. Of
course, I've barely blogged for the past few years, so I'm not sure it
counts!
...
A new blog
-
Hi Friends! After much thought, I have started a new blog- Chasing The
Next Chapter.. which is what we are doing.
My youngest son loved this blog and I wil...
Hardwood Floors... I love them. I hate them.
-
I have a love hate relationship with many things in life. One being my
hardwood floors. (I hate carpet too though... I need to live in a hut with
dirt floo...
Blue Monday - Blue Gift
-
Hello! Welcome to *Blue Monday!* For complete instructions, just click here.
Please leave a comment for me; I guarantee that I'll visit and leave one
for y...
Crossroads Quilt Along
-
I love this quilt! Fat Quarter Shop will be hosting a quilt along using
Fig Tree Fabrics, Strawberry Fields Revisited. They will post a new block
each m...
Cream Velvet Dining chairs
-
Turned these bedroom chairs in to Cream Velvet dining chairs. Harker Design
commissioned these chairs for one of their clients. They took a set of
existi...
Has it really been 5 years?
-
Five (5) years! I have not written here for that long. So much for being
a committed blogger! No explanations, no excuses, no promises...I am going
to t...
dormant
-
Hello there October! October ushers in what I like to call the "cozy
season": coffee, scarves, pumpkins, apples, fires... All good things. I
really really ...
Love Finds You in Charm, Ohio
-
I have recently read this book by Annalisa Daughety and have posted a more
lengthy review of it on my other blog at Homeliving. I do not get much
reading...
Barn Door for a Closet!
-
These closet doors are dreamy!!! *Dream Book Design *turned an
unattractive closet door into something I want!!! Learn *how to build a
barn door for a...
Poor Second Child
-
When I was pregnant with Sam, I blogged each week, posed my growing belly
for pictures, and thought long and hard over each word I wrote for my son.
Second...
Making the most of seasonal produce
-
By Jenny Part 1 Our household doesn't grow much food – our small garden has
a very prolific lemon tree, which I love, lots of herbs (parsley, mint,
oregano...
A Short Walk
-
Earlier this week, (Tuesday),
I took the camera for a short walk.
Well the sun was shining,
so it seemed a good idea.
If it hadn't been so cold,
...
Burned Wood Ornament
-
Yes, it's been two years, but I am still crafting! Every year I give my
grandchildren an ornament, so that when they move away form home, they will
have a ...
Bob Vila's Thumbs Up Competition
-
Hey Blog Friends- you've heard of Bob Vila right? The original Do It
Yourselfer- purveyor of all things home??!! Of course you have! Well he's
having a lit...
George and Mildred
-
George and Mildred was a British sitcom produced by Thames Television that
aired from 1976 to 1979. It was a spin-off from Man About the House and
starre...
Chalkboard signs~
-
This window was broken, so I replaced the glass with a pieces of
chalkboard.
I had intended on just using it for messages, but I really do love having ...
Sneak peek
-
Here are a few more pics of the house. I think I'll do a room or two at a
time...a slow reveal, if you will.
This is the living room. It was one of th...
My French Heaven
-
Of all my vintage French postcards, and there are *beaucoup* that live with
me, this is the very best one. The chambermaid is presenting a beautifully
se...
My Basket Mini-Quilt
-
Just a little something that I've been working on. I haven't done any
quilt projects for quite awhile now, because I've been so busy sewing for
other peop...
Tips For Creating Your Ideal Life
-
Lastly, the most important disadvantage with free dating sites is without a
doubt that you may be dealing with people who are actually not as serious
as yo...
Two Great DIY All Purpose Cleaners
-
I've been making my own household cleaners for the past few months and I am
VERY pleased with the results! The two I'm going to share with you today
are a...
Maualuga Signing Will Define Lewis's Reboot Tenure
-
The Enquirer's Joe Reedy has called this new Bengals era the 'reboot'...a
period starting after that awkwardly painful press conference in January
2011 ann...
Spesifikasi Lengkap Honda Airwave
-
Airwave memberikan nuansa baru untuk sebuah mobil kecil berkapasitas mesin
1,5 liter. Di Jepang mobil inidisebut sebagai Fit Wagon dengan kabin yang
teras...
Concerts
-
Hey well looky there I'm blogging again. I have had the honor of being
involved with bringing concerts to the old FFC for the past 2 plus years,
even more...
8 Months
-
Okay, I REAAAAALLLY need to be better about this blogging job....I've
totally abandoned you, friends. I promise, it's not on purpose. Life is
crazy around ...
Home for the Harvest Tablescape
-
I've been a bit of a busy bee lately buzzing through writing the first
draft of my second novel, so I haven't had a ton of time to post. But I
have had ...
Upcoming Show ~
-
Wow, how time flies. I feel like this year is just breezing by - I mean, I
have *(soon-to-be)* first graders!
How does that happen?
Well aside from tr...
{Simple} Graduation Gift Idea!
-
Need a quick, and CuTe Graduation Gift Idea?!!
Here is a FuN DIY gift idea that I made for the {Graduating Girly-s} in my
class at church. I LOVE this ...
Hindsight Blessing
-
We just left an orthodox Serbian wedding. The priest blessed the bride and
groom and their kid making abilities about 48 times. Maybe that's
something ...
Happy Valentine's Day
-
Happy Valentine's Day! It's a snowy one in central Illinois but it's
beautiful. I didn't take this picture but I love it and thought it was
appropriate...
Cheater Cinnamon Rolls
-
I found this recipe on Pinterest a couple of weeks ago. I pinned it for
future use.
Source: wee-eats.com via Christine on Pinterest
The future is her...
~Live Beautifully~
-
This is the beginning of a new day.
You have been given this day to use as you will.
You can waste it or use it for good.
What you do today is important ...
To Lisa In Indiana....
-
You left a comment on a post I created in 2007. I am not posting on this
blog anymore, but I do get notified if there is a comment. My new blogs
are:
www...
Alone in the Garden
-
It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its
shy presence may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended
thought. ~Ja...
JuST SoMEThing I WhiPPEd uP!
-
I created this cute chalkboard tray for my kitchen last week using this
white tray I found at Michaels. I roughed up the edges a tad because I like
that ...
We've Moved!
-
We are SO HAPPY to be back from our Summer break and have some really great
news! We have made the big switch to a better, prettier, easier to use
website....
Journeys
-
Every journey has a beginning and an end... every story a tale to tell...
Miss Maddies is embarking on just that; a new journey, a captivating tale...
Tha...
-
Okay, I'm overwhelmed. I'm working on a really big project and it's
sucking the life out of me. But, like a bad penny -- I'll be back...
for sure!!!...
My Favorite Way to Spend a Summer Day!
-
I know we'll get tired of it before the summer is over, but hanging out at
the pool with my family and a library book is just so relaxing and
enjoyable! ...
just what I needed
-
I got up this morning and was really feeling "down". Things just were
getting to me this morning and then... a friend Inboxed me on facebook with
this... ...
In Any Event...
-
It wasn't my intention to take almost the whole month of February off from
blogging, but somehow almost all 28 days passed by with nary a peep from
me. I ...
Adam and Eve
-
When we look in the Bible, we start to think about how we have gotten to
where we are in this world, how we may need to rethink why we do what we do
and ho...
Where have we been?
-
Well, it's been way over one year since I wrote on this blog. I've been
trapped in business, facebook an Twitter. I really like writting and not
sure why I...
GPS
-
I work in an insurance office and we STILL have paper Atlases that we give
to our policyholders. Believe it or not, we do still have customers who
reques...
Where oh where
-
Have all my gadgets gone? I have tried reverting to my old template and
then back to new and back to old and on and on and still, yet, my gadgets
that are ...
The Prayer of Jabez
-
1 Chronicles 4:10 (NIV)
Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and
enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me f...
God Speaks
-
Every time I go to church at The Branches @ FFC God speaks to me and most
of the time it is a scolding! Just like my daddy used to do only not so
harsh but...
Poor Meg
-
There's just not much more you can say......poor, poor Meg. I went to see
her last week to report how things were going. Well, the last program just
didn't...
Role Models for Young Women
-
Recently, I have been pondering the influences that young girls and young
women have been surrounded by, in the media. A few extremely "popular"
females c...
Less than a week and the pins come out!
-
Well, the finger still looks pretty rough but the pins will come out this
Wednesday and then I will start physical therapy.
At the follow-up visit two week...
The Sham that was a SUMMIT
-
I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I
consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
--George W...
Belize
-
We stayed at the Coningsby Inn, this is where teams stay when they come
for mission work.
This is a little town called 8 mile, this is the town we are help...
Oh My, It is truly Fall!
-
My last post was in the beginning of Spring. I can't believe the summer is
gone and cold weather is just around the corner. We had an amazing sum...
Travel
-
Just got back from Branson, Mo. from picking up Shane from discipleship
focus. Now to indy for work for 3 days. Then we leave to take Shane back to
school ...
Confessions of a Facebook Addict
-
At the beginning of this year, I posted that I would try my best to post
once a week. Then, I found that wasn’t going to happen, so I dropped to
once a m...
Oh Those Hot Summer Flowers!
-
Look outside
It's a gorgeous day,
I think all the children
Should go out and play.
The sun is shining
It's so hot outside,
The metal monkey bars are burnin...
Here & Now
-
Today was an awesome day! Not only was it my first official day of summer
break, but God provided warmth and sunshine, then needed rain and a light
show! I...
Checking in.........
-
Just checking in since it has been a few days since I blogged (okay more
than a few but who's counting?). To give you an idea of how our lives are
going he...
Completely Relieved of Mower Duty
-
Dad, you should read this.........
So I mowed for my very first time on Easter Sunday. Let's just say I did
bad enough to where Quinton would never let me ...
It's Here!
-
Well, Easter is finally here. The holiday that all Christians eagerly await
all year. Oh, we love the meaning of Christmas, but it is just the
beginning. E...
Crazy Love - Chapters 9-10
-
*Crazy Love – Chapters 9-10*
This marks the end of the book, Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I hope you
enjoyed the book and the chance to talk through it with ...
Trust Jesus
-
Sometimes those words are comforting, sometimes it's like nails on a
chalkboard... Yes, we know we're to trust Jesus but sometimes it's just not
that easy....
Trying the New Apple Blog
-
Well a new year's coming and I wanted to start tapping into what this Apple
can do so I made a new blog. You can find it here:
http://web.me.com/pastorpin...
Sweet Blessings of Mercy
-
Greetings gals, I just flew back from sunny California and was greeted by
lacy snowflakes (Heaven's kisses!) as we arrived in Springfield, Missouri.
The r...
And you think our only worry is.......?
-
[Click on the click-able link]
The results of the G-20 economic summit amount to nothing less than the
seamless integration of the United States into the ...
Warning To Damascus: ”The ‘Burden’ is On You”
-
In recent weeks, there’s been an explosion of intelligence information that
all seems to point toward an impending war of annihilation between Israel
and S...
4 comments:
That was a nice clip. I could listen to that all day. I'm gonna show it to Baylie.;D
Very good! Even this old city boy likes bluegrass.
Sue, I noticed the Bengals picked up another troubled ex-Bear last week. His name is Tank Johnson and he was cut by the Bears a couple years ago for run-ins with the law. He went to the Cowboys and didn't really do a whole lot there. Now he signed with the Bengals for this season. I hope he can play and stay out of trouble.
Greg,
Why am I NOT surprised??? The Bengals could make another re-make of the Longest Yard!
I hadn't heard about Tank Johnson yet. I went over to "Bengals.com" to check it out and found this thread topic on the forums:
"Russel/Tank/Benson--Cuts become our Starters--LOL " OUCH!!! I see that he is a DT??? What we NEED is a great OT!! AHHH, the wisdom of Mikey Brown keeps amazing me...
Thanks for sharing! I hope you have a wonderful Sunday too!
Post a Comment