Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Something's Brewing...AKA...How do you prefer your tea...Parties?

When you think of tea parties, in your mind's eye do you see something like this?





Perhaps, this image springs to mind...








Or maybe, THIS is what you envision:







If you only get your news from your local newscasts and the evening network news, chances are you may not have heard much about the numerous Tea Parties that are going to be held around the country (and abroad) tomorrow. (But you will have heard lots of other INFORMATIVE tidbits such as everything there is to know about the new puppy in the White House. "Bo" (for Bo Diddley), is plastered all over the news right now.)

Fox News (especially Glen Beck...who is rapidly gaining "Lou Dobbs" stature in my eyes) has been covering the REAL news pretty well and the internet is rife with news about the tea parties. Tomorrow, April 15th, will be the official "Tax Day TEA (Taxed Enough Already) Party Day". The following is taken from their website:

Are you fed up with a Congress and a president who:

vote for a $500 billion tax bill without even reading it?

are spending trillions of borrowed dollars, leaving a debt our great-grandchildren will be paying?

consistently give special interest groups billions of dollars in earmarks to help get themselves re-elected?

want to take your wealth and redistribute it to others?

punish those who practice responsible financial behavior and reward those who do not?

admit to using the financial hurt of millions as an opportunity to push their political agenda?

run up trillions of dollars of debt and then sell that debt to countries such as China?

want government controlled health care?

want to take away the right to vote with a secret ballot in union elections?

refuse to stop the flow of millions of illegal immigrants into our country?

appoint a defender of child pornography to the Number 2 position in the Justice Department?

want to force doctors and other medical workers to perform abortions against their will?

want to impose a carbon tax on your electricity, gas and home heating fuels?

want to reduce your tax deductibility for charitable gifts?

take money from your family budget to pay for their federal budget?


WOW! Pretty strong words. I happen to agree with every one of them. But you know, as adamant as I feel about how screwed up our government is right now, I wasn't going to even blog about the tea parties...until I read this.


"Tea Party Protesters Gird for Possible Liberal Backlash

Tea Party organizers are poised for a possible backlash during their nationwide demonstrations on Tax Day, April 15.

What would a party be without party poopers?

As anti-tax protesters organize tea parties across the country on April 15, rumors are swirling that a backlash is brewing.

Some believe ACORN, which has been under scrutiny for accusations of voter fraud, is preparing to crash some of the tea parties. But ACORN says it is only helping to organize dozens of rallies on the same day in support of President Obama's first budget.

"This is the first we've heard of these so-called 'tea parties.' And, frankly, a bunch of small get-togethers by fringe conservative activists dedicated to simply saying 'no' is of little interest to us," said ACORN spokesman Brian Kettenring.

He did not say where the pro-Obama rallies would take place, leaving open the possibility that they may clash with some tea parties.

Tea party organizers, meanwhile, say they're not worried at all about possible disruption.

"If ACORN wants to send some of their paid, pretend activists to show up, that's fine," John O'Hara, who is holding a tea party in Chicago, told FOX News. "They don't have a message that resonates with the American people or resonates with this broad coalition that's upset with the spending that's going on in Washington."

"We don't take them seriously," said Mark Mekler, who is organizing a tea party in Sacramento. "We expect people to attempt to infiltrate, we expect people to attempt to disturb what we're doing.

"But the reality is this is a very broad-based grassroots movement," he told FOX News. "There is no leader at the top. There is no individual event that they can disturb that would cause us a problem nationwide."

Taxdayteaparty.com, which is helping to organize the protests, said more than 250 locations in all 50 states will hold rallies on April 15. Some believe ACORN will try to make the tea parties look like fringe group efforts at best, and racist undertakings at worst.

Mekler said he is not concerned with how outsiders may try to portray their efforts.

"The people who are involved understand they're not racist, they're not fringe, they're not even partisan," he said.

"I mean, these are events where we have across-the-board Democrats, Republicans, conservatives, liberals, libertarians. The people who are going to be there know what's going on. We're not worried about these folks polluting the event."

ACORN said if there are protesters, it won't be from its ranks.

"The idea that ACORN is out to disrupt these meet-ups of fringe activists is yet another conservative fantasy," Kettenring said.

"At this point, it would not surprise us to wake up tomorrow and see conservative media fingering ACORN's 500,000 member families as the principle cause of global climate change," he said in a written statement."


Here is the original link:




My friend Milah, over at From My Back Porch told me about a movie that I HAD to see. The movie is an HBO movie entitled, "John Adams". It is very lengthy and I haven't finished it yet, but I am LOVING it. It tells the story of how and why our country was founded. The people of that time could no longer live under tyrany rule. I don't know how you feel about it, but to me, a so called "2 party system" in this country is leading us along the same path! (But hey, as I mentioned in a previous post, in Missouri, the fact that I voted for Ron Paul alone makes me considered as part of a new modern militia! so what do I know???)

PAUSE PLAYLIST FIRST











Let me leave you with this song. Country music isn't really my cup of "TEA", but this is appropriate for this post. Make sure my playlist over on the right is paused...




HAPPY TAX DAY!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sue,

I read in the paper that there will be a tea party in our town, at the park I believe. I wonder why not the courthouse??

Keep watching John Adams. The last episode was the best. When you're done, we'll talk about it sometime.

I liked your title, "Something's brewing......" That's the truth, and us taxpayers are tired of getting burned.

Barbara said...

Hi! Sue

So glad that my post was so helpful to you and thanks for telling me so.

We even had the 'puppy' episode over here on our tv believe it or not.

Blessings to you and your daughter.

Sue said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciated your post! Today was my first ever involvement in a protest, gathering, whatever you want to call it. Missed the hippie thing but now becoming a reactionary grandma. It is not because I am part of some underground subversive movement as some in the media would like us to believe. It is because I love my country and am EXTREMELY concerned about the future of this country and what it will be like for my children and grandchildren. The folks at our tea party were just like me! No dollars were spent to get us there - it was simply our love and concern for this great nation.

Let's keep in touch!

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

I went to one of the tea parties here, in the state capitol...and it was VERY WELL ATTENDED. There were others around the state as well, and I know they were also well-attended....shoot, even in my own little town, there was one where hundreds showed up! I think people are relieved that they can say something and be heard....
People were happy, friendly, funny!
Loved your post!
XOXO
Joni

Greg P. said...

I wasn't able to go to any tea parties, but, I am very encouraged by what I heard from around the country with these protests. I hope they continue because I would like to get involved in them.

It's about time the silent majority spoke up! We ARE in the majority, but, we're allowing the minority to overshadow us.

Pam @ Frippery said...

Sue, We were on Fountain Square in Cinci yesterday! Something is definitely brewing, Pam

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

SUE: To get a picture of you in your apron to me just email a photo of yourself to:
patriotsinaprons@gmail.com

I can't wait to get your picture...and for you to join the apron brigade!

Kate Michelle said...

Thanks for your post. It is encouraging to find many positive posts on the tea parties.

sherry said...

I found your blog by way of Brenda's (Coffee, Tea...) and *love* it! Thank you for posting these videos and excellent info. Much appreciated...we're on the same page. :o)

Blessings,
jAne
http://tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com