Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Thursday, April 2, 2009

UPDATE to last American Idol post...contains videos by Michael, Megan and Lady GaGa...whoever she is???

ETA: I don't know why I didn't think about this at the initial posting...below are the links to the losing performances from the last 2 weeks:



I meant to post every week as the contestants were eliminated one by one. I missed doing it last week, so let's start with the elimination of contestant # 10. (Keep in mind that ALL of these folks will be going on the tour this summer.)



Michael Sarver, the 27 year old oil rig worker from Jasper, TX and father of 2 got the least amount of votes during Motown week. His version of "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" PAUSE PLAYLIST ON RIGHT FIRST!
just didn't cut it with America or the judges who chose not to use their new "one per season save" vote. (Listening to it again, I remember that I thought he did great and did everything Smokey Robinson [the Idols' mentor that week] told him he needed to do!)



Michael had a decent voice, IMHO. Country may be his forte. At work, we called him "Teddy Bear".

Now for the best news of the whole American Idol Season 8! 23 year old Megan Joy from Sandy, Utah...AKA "Caw Lady" was FINALLY voted off last night!!! Sorry if anybody reading this actually liked her voice...How she made it to the Top 10 (and therefore the tour) is WAAAY beyond me. To me, her version of "Turn Your Lights Down Low" was the equivilent of nails on a chalkboard. (Plus, the girl has NO rhythm!!! It was just sad...) PAUSE MY PLAYLIST FIRST!!! {Click on the link...I can't get the video to imbed...} After you watch it...see what I mean????




According to Fox News.com, "Megan’s exit came as a surprise to absolutely no one, including Megan, who went all Jerry McGuire on everyone and told Simon she “didn’t care” about his opinion, before even hearing the results. {Simon later told her if she didn't care, then neither did the judges and it didn't matter how she "sang for her life", as Ryan tells them they must do in order to be considered for the "save vote"...that there was absolutely NO WAY they were going to save her. OUCH!}
A half an hour later we were listening to “Home Sweet Home” and reminiscing about Megan’s “journey” on "American Idol." But what was way more interesting was her journey to the bottom three.

Unlike most people who mope on over to the dreaded stools, Megan opted instead to flap her arms and loudly squawk as she made her way across the stage. The move was probably meant to be reminiscent of her performance of “Rockin' Robin,” a few weeks ago when she cawed at the end. Sadly the strange sounds and body movements just ended up being reminiscent of all her performances."



At least she is going home to her 2 year old son, Ryder, which seemed to make her very happy. But that tour is long and grueling...I wonder if she will be able to take him with her. She is a beautiful young lady and as much as I think she shouldn't quit her day job, she DID make it to the top 9 of American Idol without even being in the bottom 3...go figure!

As strange as the show was, THIS made it even weirder. Some chick named "Lady Ga Ga"...I must be showing my age...sang some song called "Poker Face" that just left me with my mouth hanging open in disbelief. She looked rather strange as well. Had an open zipper over one eye. I could not find that picture, but this is close...



Again, according to Fox News.com, "Still, even with all the antics and bizarre facial expressions, Megan seemed tame compared to Lady Gaga. The 23-year-old pop star came out looking like a drag queen from outer space, playing a clear piano filled with pink bubbles."

American Idol, you sunk to an all time low with this one, me thinks... (sorry about the poor quality)






4 comments:

Greg P. said...

I wonder how many women will be inspired by Megan's tattoo sleeve. I hope it doesn't catch on.

Maybe she can become a professional arm wrestler.

Unknown said...

I noticed there are seven men in this years top 10. I thought that was interesting. Do you have a favorite? Has it changed this season?
I'm watching The Biggest Loser and so far I have no favorites in this game and there is no one I want to see go home.....yet. That was not the case last season.
Thanks, Sue for the update. I expect you to post next week on AI!

Greg P. said...

Any update on Lauren? I prayed for her today.

mrsmorris said...

Hi Sue,

I watched Idol last week for the first time. Pulled my head out of the shell and everything!

Glad the bunny photo caught your eye :). I know, but I could not resist.

Happy weekend!

Kim