Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Saturday, March 21, 2009

1/2 price day at Goodwill...AKA...it doesn't get any better than this!

DISCLAIMER...Grab a cup of coffee, sit back and relax. This is gonna take a little while...at least it took me a long time to post it...there HAS to be an easier way!)

Periodically, some of the blogs I follow show off their really cool finds at Goodwill and thrift stores across the country. Since Jim and I had a good day at Goodwill, I thought I would follow suit...

Let's see...where to begin??? {NOTE: None of this stuff has been washed and/or cleaned up yet. Also, to get a better look at anything, just double click on any picture.}


This Christmas tree mosaic candle holder was purchased for 50 cents:



This will go nicely with our collection:



This vase was purchased today for $2.50:



More than I would liked to have paid, but I REALLY NEEDED it (ladies, you know how that goes, right?) to go with these other two:



Next was a cute little fabric finished box to hold my CDs at work (or something else I just haven't thought of yet) for 50 cents:



4 brand new (I took them out of the packaging before I thought about it) kitchen table placemats for 25 cents each to go in our "apple themed" kitchen:



A large hardbacked book about houseplants for 79 cents:



An unopened puzzle of a painting by Charles Wysocki for next winter, purchased for 50 cents:



I don't know if I am up to the challenge...



3 VHS tapes for $1.00 each...this first one I already own, but since it is probably my ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIE, I figured why not buy another copy just in case:



This one I have never seen but it is from "Feature Films for Families". We had a membership to that when Lauren was little and she enjoyed their movies.



This one I bought because I like it and it has Hugh Grant in it. 'Nuff said! LOL



You all still with me? OK, let's forge ahead. To do that I'll probably need a pair of boots. Now before you all start freaking out, these boots have never been worn...still have the price tag on...and I bought them to walk Scooby this coming winter.



I paid 2 bucks for them...



Next up, a really great CINCINNATI BENGALS shirt for $1.50!



The bigger of these 2 bowls was $1.00 and the smaller one was 50 cents. Jim says they should clean up very nicely with Tarnex...



3 picture frames for 50 cents each (cause you can never have enough picture frames in your home!):



and these 3 old saucers/candy dishes/not really sure what they are for 50 cents each:



Since that was all the damage Jim and I could do at Goodwill's "Everything 1/2 off sale" today, we went on over to the Salvation Army Thrift Store where we found...

a flower vase with a vine etched in the glass for 75 cents (remember, it isn't washed yet):



an old CUTE doggie planter for 99 cents (to go with my others, but I forgot to take a picture of them)



an little old German bowl of some sort for $2.00:









Jim purchased these for 19 cents each for his tackle box (BIG spender! he he):





Now for the "pièce de résistance" (I googled how to spell it LOL) A piece of old sheet music for 75 cents...check this out (I would probably double click on this one!):







We also went to Trinity Christian Bookstore where I purchased these books. They say they are $5.00 each, but we got them ALL for $5.00.



Remember the 3 picture frames I purchased and I said you can't ever have enough of them? Well, to prove that point, look at these random shots of my home...















These pictures...along with LOTS of others I could post, combined with the fact that I LOVE to shop at Goodwill and have for years, makes me think that THIS next picture should be the topic of a soon coming blog post for me. Do you all agree????



Hope you enjoyed this little "shopping trip" with me. Have a great 'what's left' of the weekend...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sue,

Looks like you and Jim had a good time. I hope you remembered the detour in Milton.:D

I think Betty might like to see that sheet music. And I recognized the fabric you used as a back drop.:D

You will never guess where Jack and I went today. I will post about it sometime tonight.

See you two tomorrow!

Sue said...

Yes, Milah, I was going to ask you if you recognized the background material and I forgot! :(

Can't wait to see where you and Jack went.

Oh, and I finished watching "The War" last night. I LOVED it and GREAT music! LOL 70's am gold...nothing compares!

Shelby-Grace said...

I've hit Goodwill several times looking for things, and I've never found anything. You hit the jackpot! I need to go to your Goodwill!

Greg P. said...

Sue:

You really crack me up! I loved this post! You are too funny, complaining about spending $2.50 for a vase (or whatever) and buying it because you REALLY needed it. I hope you never change, you have a wonderful attitude!

btw, I answered your comments on my blog comments. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Greg P. said...

Sue:

I'm updating my blog. I have a picture on their now and I just joined Facebook, so I will have more pictures shortly.

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

What a haul you made on your spree! I loved it all but especially the german china and the little doggie, too cute! Email me and I'll help you brainstorm ideas for your giveaway....I'm so glad you like the little cards. (I don't know why, but I've always like anything LITTLE!)
XOXO
Joni

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Sue,
Thank you for praying for my daughter and the kind comments you left. I will also pray for yours.
Great buys at the 1/2 off day at GW. It's always fun getting such great deals.
Cute music sheet:) and doggie planter.
Deb :)

mrsmorris said...

Wow, major SCORE of treasures! Isn't it the most fun to go junkin' as some folks say.

I see you like mosaics - do you make them? I do...kinda/sorta. Never seem to have enough time though. Such a great way for pretty things to live on in a new way.

We have several Goodwill stores here, as well as outlet stores. What an adventure those are! Everything is dumped into large rolling bins and you pick through it, preferably with gloves on. Magazines are a quarter, paperbacks 50 cents and hardbacks are a buck. The rest of the stuff is sold by the pound. Oh my heart is just racing thinking about it. Only bad thing is...you feel like taking a shower the minute you get home :).

Regarding eBay, they decided not to allow sellers to accept checks, cash, money orders. All payments have to be electronic as of January 15th. Since eBay owns PayPal they made that the #1 choice for buyers and sellers. They also offer a couple other credit card processing places. I'm sure legally they had to.

I think 95% of people were using PayPal anyway, even before eBay's new rules. Many banks will not accept money orders. They've been burned too many times. But if there is something you really want to purchase, email the seller and ask if you can send a check or money order. I am guessing most of them (us) would be fine with that.

Anonymous said...

I love Goodwill, especially the half priced items. I love all your finds, but that doggie planter is so sweet. This was a lot of fun seeing your "loot!"