Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Monday, March 16, 2009

Edgar Jose...




For those of you who don't attend my church, you may or may not be familiar with COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL, a Christian group through which you can sponsor a needy child from a foreign country. About a year ago, our church, Farmland Friends had "Compassion Sunday" where a wonderful young man by the name of Shaun Groves...you may remember him from this post awhile back...presented Compassion Ministries to our church family.

At that time, Jim and I started sponsoring a little 5 year old boy from Columbia by the name of Edgar Jose. His tutor translated several letters between Edgar and us. He would send pictures he had colored and we would send photos of our family and whatever little somethings we were allowed to send.

This week, we got a letter from Compassion informing us that Edgar Jose and his family had moved from the area in which Compassion works and was therefore unable to continue participating in their sponsorship program. We were suprised and saddened to hear this, but are praying that God will keep his hand on Edgar and his family.

We will be "receiving" a new child in a few days...I will let you all know as soon as I find out.

This is a really good program. If anyone is interested in learning more about their ministry, or having someone from their agency speak at your church, etc, please contact them for further information.

Please say a prayer for Edgar...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sue, I'm sorry to hear you have lost contact with Edgar. Perhaps God has blessed his family with a better opportunity somewhere else. I will pray for him and his family.
We got a letter last week from our little girl. She has graduated from kindergarten and she said she hopes she can go to school next year. That just reminded me that I take our public school education for granted. Good or bad at least it is available to all children. Thank God Baylie does not have to worry about not getting an education.

Shelby-Grace said...

I'm glad they will connect you with another child. I love the work Compassion does and I'm so happy to get to write and pray for Lillian and now Suriya! I will pray for Edgar too!

Greg P. said...

Sue:

Good organizations, such as this, do so much with so little. I have also sponsored children in the past, with a different Christian organization, and it is very rewarding. I will pray for Edgar Jose and all children like him.

Pam @ Frippery said...

Sue, So sorry. I am sure you will always wonder what happened to him. I hope you are enjoying this beautiful St. Paddy's Day anyway. I am making Irish stew. Hop eit turns out OK!, Pam