
We had another great sermon today, continuing with the "Carpe Diem" series. Seize the Day..living a life of no regrets. (How many of us wish we could say we have lived our lives this way?)
A lot of people my age remember this type of preacher from their youth...a "hellfire and damnation" type of preacher:

But my pastor is more like this type of preacher (minus the suit and tie!):

(not really...just kidding! But, he IS a blogger. Here is the link to it:)
My pastor is not afraid of the truth of God's word. He lovingly instructs his God- given flock in the way in which we should go...and for THAT, I am very thankful. Thankful that Jim and I get to hear it, but more importantly, that our children get to hear it! Pastor Kris, (or PK as we fondly refer to him) has stressed over and over that it is NOT about religion, but rather about a relationship with Jesus Christ.
We live in an amazing age. Even if you weren't at Farmland Friends Church to hear the actual messages, you can download or stream the services from the internet. Here is a link to the Carpe Diem series (looks like today's message isn't up as of this posting...)
How many of you are thankful for your pastor? Remember, they are instructed to feed Jesus' sheep.

If you have a pastor who is truly feeding you from the word of God, you are blessed beyond measure!
Thank you, Pastor Kris, for loving us and telling us the truth...
Another thing I am thankful for is the worship at our church. In closing this post, I am including one of my favorite worship songs. This rendition was sung by last year's top 8 on American Idol! (I still haven't figured out how or why Simon allowed it! When Mandisa sang a worship song the year before, Simon told her, "it isn't the time or place for that!" Last year, Dolly Parton even sang her "Jesus and Gravity"! But hey... millions of people heard the name of Jesus and heard about His great love and was even able to "download it on I-tunes"!)
AS ALWAYS, DON'T FORGET TO PAUSE MY PLAYLIST OVER ON THE RIGHT FIRST! By popular request (Jim) I have moved my playlist more towards the top. It is a little above where you are reading now, on the right.
{However, looks like on this version they sang later in the season, they changed the lyrics from "my Jesus" to "my Shepherd"...}

3 comments:
So thankful you and Jim are a part of the church! See ya' next week!
Great post Sue. I visited PK's blog and left him a message. I also have a pastor that teaches the Word and lives the Word. It doesn't get any better than that.
Sue,
Thank you so much for the kind words. I really do enjoy sharing God's Word with our church family. I'm also very thankful that they are His words and not mine. That takes all the pressure off of me :)
Thanks again, your kindness really blessed me this evening.
Post a Comment