
I am a TOTAL movie aficionado. That being said, tonight I think I just saw the WORST movie I have ever seen. Think cross between Fantastic Four, X-Men, Kill Bill (Volumes I and II) and Pulp Fiction...
I usually wait for the DVD to come out (catering to my frugal {cheap} side) unless the special effects are supposed to be awesome, right? That is how this movie was touted. But special effects, smecial effects...this movie was downright gross, pointless, and a total waste of my valuable time and money. (Think I have given you enough of my opinion?)
Sorry if anyone saw it and liked it. To each their own. Maybe the problem for me was I am not familiar with the "Watchmen" comics.
Having said all that, it will probably be the highest grossing movie of the weekend. It was gross, all right, just NOT in a good way...
Anyway, you can't say you haven't been warned...And just because I like posting photos, here are some stills...



Think "Peanuts Watchmen"

Here is a much better movie, if you get the chance: "V For Vendetta"

I am not expecting any comments on this one...just doing my civic duty in warning you all to stay away from this Rated R (for ridiculous) movie! LOL
It did have ONE redeeming feature. The music.
1. My Chemical Romance - “Desolation Row” (a Bob Dylan cover)
2. Nat King Cole - “Unforgettable”
3. Bob Dylan - “The Times They Are A-Changin’”
4. Simon & Garfunkel - “The Sound of Silence”
5. Janis Joplin - “Me & Bobby McGee”
6. KC and the Sunshine Band - “I’m Your Boogie Man”
7. Billie Holiday - “You’re My Thrill”
8. Philip Glass Ensemble - “Pruit Igoe & Prophecies”
9. Leonard Cohen - “Hallelujah”
10. Jimi Hendrix - “All Along the Watchtower”
11. Budapest Symphony Orchestra - “Ride of the Valkyries”
12. Nina Simone - “Pirate Jenny”
Here is the trailer...in case you wondered why all the hype:


3 comments:
I had to comment since you said you weren't expecting any comments on this one.
I don't watch a lot of movies and I haven't seen any of the ones you had listed. Now that "The Bachelor" is over are you watching American Idol?
Hey, NFL football camps open up in 4 months! Bengals-Bears this season also.
Greg, yes, I am watching American Idol. I used to be a HUGE fan. (If you scroll all the way down my page, you will see pics of me with Chris Daughtry, Taylor Hicks and Bo Bice. (last year I posted the reason I became such a fan in Season 4...Anthony Fedorov! Here is that link:)
http://lovehisappearing.blogspot.com/2008/07/anthony-fedorov-i-want-to-know-what.html
This year, I HATE the new format and don't know yet if I will even want to go to the concert. We shall see...
Yes, looks like the Bengals play "da Bears" at Paul Brown Stadium this year! I almost can't even be happy that a new season is upon us because my beloved TJ is now a Seattle Seahawk!!! (At least WE don't have to play them this year...you do, though.) Here is a link showing some of my TJ love from last year:
http://lovehisappearing.blogspot.com/2008/12/too-little-too-lateakai-know-it-was.html
(I can't remember if you were reading my blog back then or not)
Have a good weekend, Greg. It is finally going to be near 70 degrees down here today!
Hi Sue:
I was hoping 'da Bears would make a play for TJ. They need him, but, the Bears always wait too long. They are not aggressive when it comes to free agents. TJ is a class act!
The Bengals do have one former Bear and I hope he grew a heart since he left the Bears. I'm talking about Cedric Benson. Bear fans were so glad when he got cut last spring. All he did was collect a check here. He had a decent year with the Bengals last season. I hope he plays well for them in the future. Once he got a big contract from the Bears, he pretty much "retired", except he didn't tell anyone. He just showed it in his game.
Have a good weekend.
Church tomorrow!!!
Post a Comment