Audra and Daryl's Wedding...

Emily and Quinton's Wedding...

Lauren and Mark's Wedding...

Thursday, March 19, 2009

American Idol weekly update...AKA Here are your TOP TEN!

...the AI summer tour cast is set!

First of all, this talented little 21 year old from Memphis, TN DID NOT MAKE IT! She will be going home to her fiance and little daughter, Ryan Elizabeth.


Alexis Grace, I SURE wish YOU were going on the tour instead of this girl:



22 year old Megan Joy (she dropped her last name of Corkrey since it is her ex-husband's name) from Sandy, UT. Nice tattoo, but musical ability...not so much IMHO. She is a single mother of a little boy named Ryder and apparently, she started a group that helps single parents called "Send Out Cards".


There are only 3 girls in the top 10 this year. The other two females in the group will be 16 year old Allison Iraheta from LA, California. According to Wikipedia, "In 2006, Iraheta won the Telemundo reality show, QuinceaƱera. The prize was a reward of USD 50,000 and a recording contract":



and 23 year old Lil Rounds, also from Memphis, TN. She is married with 3 children and again, according to Wikipedia, "Before she entered the competition, a tornado ripped through Memphis on February 5, 2008, severely damaging her home and forcing her and her family to live in a hotel. Her grandfather once worked with the music legend B.B. King."




I REALLY like both Allison and Lil's singing styles!

Heading over to "the boys" section, we will start with a 28 year old praise and worship leader from Milwaukee, WI...Danny Gokey. You met him last week here on my blog...so far, he is my fave. His story is a sad one. His wife, Sophia, died a month before he auditioned for AI. You can read about it here.



Since it is getting late and tomorrow is a work day (as well as THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING!)...



...I will introduce you to Adam, Scott, Anoop, Kris, Matt and Michael later on.


3 comments:

Pam @ Frippery said...

OK Sue, I think I may have to tune in to see if your fave wins. He is a widower, seriously? My goodness. I will have to read the story. I also wanted to tell you I caught the Quiet Man on the old movie channel a few weeks ago. It made me want to visit Ireland even more than I already did! Thanks for the AI update, Pam

Greg P. said...

Hi Sue:

I just can't see how a beautiful young girl would want a tattoo covering most of her arm as the 2nd or 3rd picture showed. I can't believe she thinks that looks good.

I guess I'm just an old "fuddy duddy" of 58, but, I'll just stay that way.

Unknown said...

I'm with Greg, that tatoo is not working for me. She has a pretty face and smile but that tatoo takes your eyes away from that.

What was wrong with Sophia's heart? Was her death unexpected? That's really sad and I'm sure his success is bittersweet since she is not here to enjoy this with him.